Huge Thanks to Bryan Roth, JoGPS, Jeremy, and the GWX Organizers!

GWX.... I didn't know until about 20 days out from GWX that I would be going there to participate in a bit of GeoWoodstock history. I didn't even register for the event. I wasn't planning to be there....

Then Crossmage announced his plans to get married at GWX after returning from a trip to the left coast which included a stop at Groundspeak HQ and a chance meeting with Co-Founder Bryan Roth.

Fast forward to GWX week and the feedback is very positive and we find out Bryan was working diligently behind the scenes to ensure that the wedding be accomodated during the event. That was way cool.

Jeremy put his stamp of approval for Signal to give away the bride and was right there in the front row to watch the ceremony. Very cool.

JoGPS and the GWX Organizers gave the wedding party a prime time slot and a beautiful setting as everyone gathered for the group photo that immediately followed and the crowd responded in all the right places.

Thanks to everyone that attended!

Here is some video of the wedding. The audio fades out in a few places, but it's worth a look, a laugh, and a smile.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FikEfsWg5kgY&h=7AQERmMib

Edited by Snoogans

Boy did I pick the wrong time to eat. I missed the group photo and the wedding. I saw the bride and groom afterward. I noticed that the bride had a travel bug tattoo on her shoulder. I decided that it would be too forward of me to ask a newly married woman if I could take a picture of her shoulder. :D

Too bad I missed it, I was busy stuffing my face.

I was standing in the dessert/drink line when I heard someone say they were about to take the picture. I thought about running over there, but I was finally in a shaded area where I could sit down and eat, so that won out.

Fun to attend and watch the wedding, though I'm thinking Signal and the minister must have been roasting in those outfits. I noticed Snoogans changed his shirt for the occasion. I saw the bride before the ceremony signing a lot of those Bingo sheets for having a TB tattoo and getting pictures taken.