Unable to login

uk_searcher

Tuesday 29th May 08:19 BST After entering correct login details keep getting redirected to login page again. Tried several times. Login details are definitely correct. I think that some of the recent changes have had an adverse effect. I trust it can be fixed so I can take advantage of the unusually good weather in the UK and find some caches!

We made some changes to site cookies that will require you to purge the existing ones that you have saved in your browser. Try clearing your browser cookies for the site and see if that corrects this issue for you.

Does that mean if one logs off, they can't log back in unless the delete your cookie?

No, there was simply a period of time during the last release where we had to roll back a change. Part of that release involved a change to cookies. IF you happened to have logged in during the window AFTER the release but PRIOR to the rollback, you would end up with a bad cookie that would prevent log in after the issue causing the rollback was corrected.

Where do I go to delete a cookie? Vista Google Chrome

Go to settings (the wrench icon) then open advanced settings and then "Clear browsing data".

Leave only the cookies part ticked. This might have effects on other sites you are using!

Where do I go to delete a cookie? Vista Google Chrome

Go to settings (the wrench icon) then open advanced settings and then "Clear browsing data".

Leave only the cookies part ticked. This might have effects on other sites you are using!

Thanks. Since my issue/irritation is the not staying logged in situation ... to be addressed at some future date. I'll leave well enough alone.

The problem persisted all day and clearing cookies did not help. By the evening the site did not respond at all for me so I guess there was a more general problem.

One day later and all is well again. I am able to login normally and can now get down to some geocaching. Cheers.

I'm also having this problem. I've followed the advice given here and it doesn't work. I get logged out at random, including when I clicked the link to go from my profile to the forum to posted this comment!

I'm sorry Groundspeak but you've made a mistake in your update. Here's a load more folk with the same problem:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=296174

It might also have been a good idea to let your users know that they were supposed to delete their cookies after your latest update!