Wolf Haven Geocoins, series 3, Gold

Wolf_Pack

$(KGrHqZHJ!4E-c,ubw(HBP)Cy,vF4!~~60_58.JPG

These Wolf Haven International Geocoins are the initial release of the third version in the series. Combining a striking gold color, distinctive howling wolf, and the Wolf Haven International Logo on the back, these coins will fit beautifully in any collection. For those who already have the first two coins in the series, these will look great next to your Bronze and Silver versions from the previous mintings.

Only 250 coins have been minted in gold. Of those coins, 75 went to Wolf Haven International's gift shop in Tenino, Washington. The remaining coins will probably sell very quickly among collectors, based on historic sales from previous mintings.

Approximately 40% of the coin price will support the great work of this extraordinary organization. Following the link below:

Wolf Haven Geocoins, Series 3, Gold

I have to agree, I received 4 geocoins this morning from USA to my home in Mainland Spain via airmal. The seller charged me $8 and the actual shipping cost was $6.10 ( so the sellers charge was very fair) $18 for one coin is actually against ebay rules as it is vastly inflated over the actual cost. Even the cheapest option is way over priced.

I love wolves and I'm trying to get every coin they appear on but I'm sorry I won't be buying this one at this price.

I know that you say that 40% of the COIN PRICE goes to the organization but it seems to me that you are trying to return that donation cost, and more, to yourself with the high postage prices....

Edited by thesmurfinator

I purchased three, one of which I am keeping; leaving me with two extra.

JackHoe and thesmurfinator: I would be willing to sell you each one at cost - $14US; I estimated shipping at about $5US or so (assuming the weight is under 5 ounces, which it should be). Or I would be willing to do an even trade. Let me know. ;)

Edited by Azure Sky

JackHoe and thesmurfinator: I would be willing to sell you each one at cost - $14US; I estimated shipping at about $5US or so (assuming the weight is under 5 ounces, which it should be). Or I would be willing to do an even trade. Let me know. ;)

Wow, that's what I call a nice offer I cant't refuse. Thank you verry much. Please contact me too when they arrive. Have a look at my trade list if you like.

Wow, that's what I call a nice offer I cant't refuse. Thank you verry much. Please contact me too when they arrive. Have a look at my trade list if you like.

Will do. I just got a click-n-ship notification; estimated delivery is this Saturday. I'll keep you both posted.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I apologize for the international shipping costs, but those are set by calculated costs on Ebay. If I can find a cheaper method to add to the listing, I will happily do so. I'm only trying to cover my costs, but I have to work within Ebay's methods/options. If someone is familiar with better Ebay-friendly options, I would appreciate the advice.

Thanks,

Wolf_Pack.

well I don't know if ebay works differently over there but here, UK and Spain, the seller sets the postage costs. In fact our ebay has a cap on a lot of items which means a seller cannot charge more than a certain amount. For instance I think the most we are allowed to charge for DVD's is £4. Fine for most single dvd's, but when it is a box set we sellers cannot even cover the actual postage costs.

I've never heard of Ebay "calculating" costs and I've been selling on Ebay for 15 years, but maybe it is different over there?

That said, I've just scrolled through 10 pages of Geocoins on ebay, most for sale in USA and Canada and I cannot find ANY that have postage as high as yours, not even close, so there must be some way of altering it. Standard postage for one geocoin seems to be $3-8 for international postage.

From within the listing on Ebay, I have the international options of fixed worldwide shipping or calculated worldwide shipping. After a review of the rates, calculated costs were lower. I chose that option. Unless I missed some other piece of information, I'm at a loss about how to reduce the high international shipping costs. By no means is the shipping money going into my pocket. This entire geocoin project has been to raise money and awareness for Wolf Haven International. Again any advice or solutions are appreciated.

After another cacher provided some tips and advice for Ebay shipping, I believe the international fees are now approximately $7.00 - instead of $18. These fees are still based on Ebay's calculated shipping costs. As it turns out, the system was originally calculating with a shipping weight of one US pound (16 oz). Thanks to all who advised me as well as those supporting Wolf Haven!

I have to agree, I received 4 geocoins this morning from USA to my home in Mainland Spain via airmal. The seller charged me $8 and the actual shipping cost was $6.10 ( so the sellers charge was very fair) $18 for one coin is actually against ebay rules as it is vastly inflated over the actual cost. Even the cheapest option is way over priced.

I love wolves and I'm trying to get every coin they appear on but I'm sorry I won't be buying this one at this price.

I know that you say that 40% of the COIN PRICE goes to the organization but it seems to me that you are trying to return that donation cost, and more, to yourself with the high postage prices....

After the previous comments about my financial motives, I want to clarify the monetary aspects of this project.

At the time of purchase, approximately 40% of the coin price from the initial sale will go to support the great work of this extraordinary wolf sanctuary. Once the finances are all settled, I will donate all remaining funds beyond my costs. I have no purpose or intention to profit. The point of this entire project is to support and promote the work of Wolf Haven. Please tell your fellow cachers!

Thanks

Azure Sky - the coin arrived today - thank you so much

It is a very nice coin, lovely design :)

You're very welcome! I'm glad it arrived safely. :lol:

The coin arrived here too (a few days ago). Thank you for the trade.

And I agree; it's a very nice coin.