Vikingevent 2012 geocoin

mamoreb

A group of Norwegian geocachers are hosting a viking event at Avaldsnes, Norway, on July 21st. They are aiming at making this the first Mega event in Norway.

There is a special geocoin for this event. The front depicts a local viking farm, the back is a viking shield:

Mynt_logo.jpgVikingevent_2012_s%C3%B8lv_bakside.jpg

The coin is trackable at geocaching.com. The silver version may be ordered by anyone that registers for the event. The gold version is staff only, while the copper version will only be given as prizes at the event.

Anyone interested in joining me for this event & coin? :)

Event cache page: http://coord.info/GC2W6F9

More information: http://www.vikingevent.com/eng.html

There are several other events on the days before and after, as well as a 850 cache power trail nearby.

According to the event hosts, the coin will not be for sale after the event. It seems that the only option is to attend the event, or trade with/buy from someone who attended.

I'm hoping to be able to go there, to grab some of those coins... :)

According to the event hosts, the coin will not be for sale after the event. It seems that the only option is to attend the event, or trade with/buy from someone who attended.

I'm hoping to be able to go there, to grab some of those coins... :)

Email sent!