the coins of GWX

drneal

What travel tag is that in the top right? I do not recognize it but it is very neat. Cool coins!

That is Jeremy Irish's tag. He had them at GWX as well as at the Groundspeak Block party last year. Elias and Bryan also had tags at the Block Party. Together the three tags form the complete map that Jeremy is holding a piece of.

I got the event coin, the volunteer event coin, the commemorative GWI coin, the 10 years of GW coin, and traded for a couple of coins, and bought one of the phases of the moon coin.

I also had a Warrior coin gifted to me, and a coin that had been adopted over to me a few years ago that was in SWEDEN handed to me personally to complete it's mission.

Well I had a wonderful trip to GWX that included attending the Maze in Dayton on Friday, all the events for GWX, meeting some of the forum folk and a nice roadtrip home through Indiana, Kentucky, Tennesee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada to the ET Highway where I only got 4 caches along the Highway. I did do the UFO and Head Alien along with various other caches in the area. I arrived home at 1:30am this morning. I ended up getting 400+ caches, became a Platinum Earthcache Master and picked up 8 new states. I also picked up all these coins...

577dcf45-1425-4119-b414-82d68d01d1f3.jpg

987a8f30-a50a-46b6-b6f2-86aba4c84a88.jpg

Needless to say I had a great time.

Well I had a wonderful trip to GWX that included attending the Maze in Dayton on Friday, all the events for GWX, meeting some of the forum folk and a nice roadtrip home through Indiana, Kentucky, Tennesee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada to the ET Highway where I only got 4 caches along the Highway. I did do the UFO and Head Alien along with various other caches in the area. I arrived home at 1:30am this morning. I ended up getting 400+ caches, became a Platinum Earthcache Master and picked up 8 new states. I also picked up all these coins...

Great haul :D Glad you have a great time

Great haul :D Glad you have a great time

Wow!!! Some great coins! And sounds like you had a great time, congrats on all the achievements!! I've never seen a silver Mario Bros coin, thanks so much for sharing!! :)

I can identify it, although my picture taking abilities aren't much better....

That's a BEAUTIFUL coin. How does one go about getting one of those?

Email LionsLair and ask him.

Now why didn't I think of that :anicute:

Thanks for the compliment! I'm sorry though, no commercialization here.

I only trade face2face with people I actually meet and talk to, with an occasional one left in a cache, but it really has to wow me...

I can identify it, although my picture taking abilities aren't much better....

That's a BEAUTIFUL coin. How does one go about getting one of those?

Email LionsLair and ask him.

Now why didn't I think of that :anicute:

Thanks for the compliment! I'm sorry though, no commercialization here.

I only trade face2face with people I actually meet and talk to, with an occasional one left in a cache, but it really has to wow me...

Florida ... we'll be travelling through there in December (Texas bound) so there still maybe an outside chance :)

post 17 i mentioned i could probably "i d" it..was i correct?

ILYK

The DR nailed it quite a few post back. It appears that having suffered from post traumatic Geowoodstock syndrome I missed the subtle answer :rolleyes:

Won in the silent auction.

cb384030-012e-4c6c-9720-1de0ab0ed95c.jpg?rnd=0.2800828

Someone on this thread graciously let me steal it as we were the only two bidders. SInce is was not trackable, the newbies were amazingly not interested!!! I hope they don't whack this post as this is a classic, a little worn but they say the second coin made after M10Bike's V1!!

Edited by JoenSue

ILYK

The DR nailed it quite a few post back. It appears that having suffered from post traumatic Geowoodstock syndrome I missed the subtle answer :rolleyes:

Someone on this thread graciously let me steal it as we were the only two bidders. SInce is was not trackable, the newbies were amazingly not interested!!! I hope they don't whack this post as this is a classic, a little worn but they say the second coin made after M10Bike's V1!!

Fantastic! Congratulations. :D

Edited by imoutnabout

ILYK

cb384030-012e-4c6c-9720-1de0ab0ed95c.jpg?rnd=0.2800828

No wonder I didn't guess correctly, as it's one of the oldies (along with Moun10Bike v1) I don't have. Congrats! If I had been there, there would have been three bidders! =)

No wonder I didn't guess correctly, as it's one of the oldies (along with Moun10Bike v1) I don't have. Congrats! If I had been there, there would have been three bidders! =)

It was great not seeing you there.. :laughing:

Heh, heh, heh!!! But seriously, congrats!