View Bookmark Lists

no_nickname

I've searched the forums and the help but I still can't figure out how to view bookmark lists. I'd like to find lists in the area I live or places I will visit. I can see how to create a list. And I do have a premium membership. Any help would be appreciated - if it's in a forum somewhere or the help just point me in the right direction. Thanks!

If a cache is on someone's list, a link to the list will be shown in the right column near the bottom.

Sometimes there are multiple lists and you will need to open a separate page to see all of them.

You can also see a particular user's lists by visiting their profile and clicking the 'Lists' tab near the top right.

If a cache is on someone's list, a link to the list will be shown in the right column near the bottom.

Sometimes there are multiple lists and you will need to open a separate page to see all of them.

You can also see a particular user's lists by visiting their profile and clicking the 'Lists' tab near the top right.

So there is no way to search for a particular list unless I know who's it is? For example I wanted to find all the Star Spangled Banner Geotrail caches and could not figure out a way to find the bookmark list of them. I did finally by going to Google and searching and it pointed me to someone's list they posted and I found it that way. But am I correct there is no way to find it within the geocaching website itself? Thanks for your time.

If you can find one cache of the type you're looking for, then you can check the bookmark lists it's on. If there's a bookmark list for caches of that type, then you can use it to find others.

Other than that, Google is probably your best shot.

If you can find one cache of the type you're looking for, then you can check the bookmark lists it's on. If there's a bookmark list for caches of that type, then you can use it to find others.

Other than that, Google is probably your best shot.

Ok thanks for the info. Appreciate the help.

So there is no way to search for a particular list unless I know who's it is? For example I wanted to find all the Star Spangled Banner Geotrail caches and could not figure out a way to find the bookmark list of them. I did finally by going to Google and searching and it pointed me to someone's list they posted and I found it that way. But am I correct there is no way to find it within the geocaching website itself? Thanks for your time.

You are correct. There is no method on the geocaching.com site to search for specific bookmark lists.

You are correct. There is no method on the geocaching.com site to search for specific bookmark lists.

BTW, Google Search can be quite handy. Searching for :

"Star Spangled Banner" site:geocaching.com/bookmarks

gives you only lists that have the quoted string in the list name or in a cache name on the list. It brings it down to 10 results instead of a million. Someone with the know how could probably write a quick Firefox search engine add on to just search geocaching.com/bookmarks from the search bar.

This has been something that I have requested, a master library of bookmark lists that would be searchable. So far no joy.

For example I wanted to find all the Star Spangled Banner Geotrail caches and could not figure out a way to find the bookmark list of them. I did finally by going to Google and searching and it pointed me to someone's list they posted and I found it that way. But am I correct there is no way to find it within the geocaching website itself? Thanks for your time.

Long route:

Help Center → Geocaching → Partnering → Tourism Initiatives

12.5. Tourism Initiatives

scroll down to "Maryland and Vicinity", click that link and go to:

http://friendsofchesapeakegateways.org/projects/ssb_geotrail/

Click the link to the Maryland Geocaching Society:

click various links, to get to:

http://www.mdgps.org/2010/02/the-star-spangled-banner-geotrail-will-launch-saturday-february-27/

Click some more, end up in the forums there, click on this thread:

http://www.mdgps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6340&sid=b38707ca0fb9106cea2dd125013ac3fe

which has a link to this bookmark list:

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=447c304b-d771-4788-8d6b-7c976531e3f6

It would be soooo much simpler if we could do a search for bookmark lists.

B.