Garmin etrex 20

Sjt309

Has anyone used a Garmin etrex 20 for geocaching? I have used an application on my android phone and was able to work out which direction to look by comparing my location with the location of the cache. This made it fairly simple but heavy on battery usage. I don't seem to b able to do this using the Garmin etrex 20. Can anyone provide me with any tips?

Has anyone used a Garmin etrex 20 for geocaching?

Yes I have been using it for caching since week 1 it came out.

I have used an application on my android phone and was able to work out which direction to look by comparing my location with the location of the cache. This made it fairly simple but heavy on battery usage.

Never ever used a smart phone for caching. Saw my sister do it a few times, though hers was an iPhone.....

I don't seem to be able to do this using the Garmin etrex 20. Can anyone provide me with any tips?

Power on unit, from main menu either "Where to" Or "Geocaches" select cache you want to go to by pushing "IN" on the joystick, next thing you should see on the bottom of the screen is "GO" push in on the joystick again and off you should go.......