Unable to create new mystery

sh.wis

I'm trying to post a new mystery. After submitting the coordinates on page 2 of the form I always get an error message:

Please confirm coordinates on the map.

I entered both coordinates in the shown form (actually I successfully posted a new tradi just an hour ago). I hit the button 'Confirm coordinates on map'. The map then shows the starting point, but not the final location. Then I select country and state and click on 'Continue'. And then the error message shows up. I.e. I'm not able to complete the process to post this mystery.

I already tried to logout and restart Firefox. Always the same result.

I'm using Firefox 12.0 on WIn 7.

Looks like a bug to me, but maybe there is a smart solution to overcome it.

sh.wis

The map then shows the starting point, but not the final location.

It should show both. If it's not showing the final, it was probably unable to parse the coordinates you provided. Make sure your spaces and periods are in the right places.

I checked the correct format of the coordinates multiple times. Everything looks correct.

I even tried other (dummy) coordinates. It always shows only the start point and not the final location.

Bug confirmation #2.

I too tried to create a new Mystery with

N 48° 38.261 E 009° 07.894 as start coords and

N48 38.261 E009 07.494 for the final, and all I get is the error message

Please correct the following issues:

Please confirm coordinates on the map.

I tried to create the listing with final coords at W009, then go back and edit to E009 - but that didn't work either.

sh.wis., it's a holiday weekend in the US. Most staff will not be working on Monday, so it will be several days before any staff see this thread.

Confirmation #3

The same error occurs during the creation of a multi with coorts:

Start N52° 8' 54.387" E10° 16' 33.96"

End N52° 8' 54.058" E10° 16' 32.758"

(Changing of start and final shows the correct position, so there are not any typing mistakes)

Is there a possibility of "reserving" a location until the bug is fixed?

Confirmation #3

The same error occurs during the creation of a multi with coorts:

Start N52° 8' 54.387" E10° 16' 33.96"

End N52° 8' 54.058" E10° 16' 32.758"

(Changing of start and final shows the correct position, so there are not any typing mistakes)

Is there a possibility of "reserving" a location until the bug is fixed?

It is possible (so I heard) to go through the creation process setting the cache type to "traditional cache".

Then you can edit the cache listing (use "edit listing" from the newly created cache's page) and change the cache type to a multi or mystery.

It is possible (so I heard) to go through the creation process setting the cache type to "traditional cache".

Then you can edit the cache listing (use "edit listing" from the newly created cache's page) and change the cache type to a multi or mystery.

This works :-)

Thanks stebu!

Thanks for this circumvention tip. It works and I was able to submit my new cache.

Agreed with previous cacher. It is very frustrating to do the right thing and get errors, surely by now some one should have fixed it. Have been advised to use the old form (which works) if you can access it. Like the work around indicated but what a fudge!!!!

Has the release scheduled for last tuesday been postponed?

Because I just tried to put up a new Mystery/Multi and still no success, it keeps nagging me about confirming the coordinates on the map.

I'm almost biting my table here... ;)

Agreed with previous cacher. It is very frustrating to do the right thing and get errors, surely by now some one should have fixed it. Have been advised to use the old form (which works) if you can access it. Like the work around indicated but what a fudge!!!!

I tried the new form, but had to abandon using it to set up a new Mystery Cache. I too got the repeated error message about the coordinates. Managed to use the old form , which I find perfectly good and easy to use. if it aint broke, why fix it????

Yes I to have had to resort to the old way of doing business as this new form appears not to like the old south and east area just like the old form didn't in the beginning.

OK for traditionls but the mystery needs code available and the easier way to enter it would have been in the new form.

Also why when we edit dose the edit revert to the old form.

The same thing just happened to me too. I'll try the traditional and then change to mystery method. I really liked the old submission page much better.

Got the same bug here using Firefox 13.0 on Widows 7. Seems to work fine on the same computer if using Internet Explorer 8 though !

Same problem here: It does not work on my Linux box with Firefox 13 and Chromium 19. Seems to be some kind of JavaScript problem. Had to turn on my girlfriends computer running XP to use the Internet Explorer to submit my multi...

Edited by FelisCatus