Hints?

Kingy007

Ok so I know how to get the caches to my etrex venture h, and I have paid my subs so how the hell do I get the hints?..l?...?... As my gps can't upload them, anybody help please?

Your etrex venture h is NOT a paperless unit. There are GSAK options to load abbreviated info. There are also EasyGPS options to load short or abbreviated hints. If you want a more robust solution you need to upgrade to a true paperless GPS unit, or you could get/use an older cheap PDA and CacheMate to carry cache page info into the field electronically. CacheMate and a Palm m500 PDA is how I do it.

You may also already have an electronic device that will store details. An Ipod touch, a kindle, most tablets, a car gps etc can be used. Check out threads in the GPS technology or check for devices you own that can read pdfs, or mobipocket files.

You may also already have an electronic device that will store details. An Ipod touch, a kindle, most tablets, a car gps etc can be used. Check out threads in the GPS technology or check for devices you own that can read pdfs, or mobipocket files.

thanks chaps i will use my ipad as i found out how to get at the hints etc and pressing the decrypt button helped me sort it out...... but now i seem to have forgotten how to load the caches to my gps???? boy stuffed again.... :surprise: