Geocaching high season about to start (at least here in Canada)

With our high season about to begin here, all the caches should be coming out in swarms.

I'd just like to take the opportunity to thank all the volunteer reviewers for all of their hard work and dedication in making our hobby a safe and successful adventure. We all benefit from all the caches you have to review, and who only knows how many google maps you must browse, and all of the provincial/municipal restrictions to filter... Needless to say, I think I can speak for most of the cachers when I say thanks for making it all happen!

I for one am looking forward to a full summer of caching, I might book off an extra week of work just to enjoy the weather finding caches!

Cheers

Yes Kudos to all the reviewers everywhere!

However let's also say thanks to the cachers who PLACE caches to be reviewed and published for us to find.

Without them there would be no need of reviewers would there?

As for swarms in Canadas high season...

last I looked they were blackflies and mosquitos, occasionally wasps and hornets! :rolleyes:

However since the snow is just about stopped for the summer up here and is receding into the mountain tops, we are starting to run into larger, hairy critters again. Sigh!

Not sure if scat on the trail is good or bad thing, being there tips off their presence which is good, but stepping in it, not so good.

Doug 7rxc

As for swarms in Canadas high season...

last I looked they were blackflies and mosquitos, occasionally wasps and hornets! :rolleyes:

Doug 7rxc

In Medicine Hat(250km or so south of Calgary) we have a Sandfly Festival. It's called that for a reason. And yes thanks to all the reviewers, but I think they need some more help up here. My local reviewer in in Kelowna or Cranbrook, or something. In BC anyway, can't imagine how many caches they have to deal with.