Parts of moon off limits for cache hides?

No joke. I bet I can prove there is a geocacher who owns property on the moon? Anyone wanna take that bet? :unsure:

No one wants to take my money? :unsure::anibad::huh:

I'll take that bet even though I'm sure you're right. I'm also sure they got it from the comfort of their arm chair.

Yep and uhhh I guess so.

Our very own Lord British owns 2 pieces of property that are currently on the lunar surface...

Garriott bought the Luna 21 lander and the Lunokhod 2 rover (both currently on lunar surface) from the Lavochkin Association for $68,500 in December 1993 at a Sotheby's auction in New York.
. Edited by Snoogans

No joke. I bet I can prove there is a geocacher who owns property on the moon? Anyone wanna take that bet? :unsure:

I'll take that bet even though I'm sure you're right. I'm also sure they got it from the comfort of their arm chair.

Yep and uhhh I guess so.

Our very own Lord British owns 2 pieces of property that are currently on the lunar surface...

Garriott bought the Luna 21 lander and the Lunokhod 2 rover (both currently on lunar surface) from the Lavochkin Association for $68,500 in December 1993 at a Sotheby's auction in New York.

Both of these would make great virtuals errr challenge caches. I sent him email about it and I never heard back from him.

Yep and uhhh I guess so.

Owning a junk 'car' is not the same as owning the 'property' it is sitting on.

Sorry Snooggie, WRONG ANSWER! :lol:

Yep and uhhh I guess so.

Don't mistake 'property' for 'land' or 'real estate', the latter CAN be 'property', but so can all sorts of things including lunar landers and rovers... or your GPS, car, and so forth.

Snoogans wins!

Doug 7rxc

Hmm... if I took the 20 million dollars to stop geocaching as mentioned in another post, I could pay for a ride to the moon. But then, I couldn't go after the caches.

Sure you could. You agreed to give up geocaching. On the moon, it would be lunacaching, so you'd still be within the rules, and you'd get to keep the money. :)

Hmm... if I took the 20 million dollars to stop geocaching as mentioned in another post, I could pay for a ride to the moon. But then, I couldn't go after the caches.

Sure you could. You agreed to give up geocaching. On the moon, it would be lunacaching, so you'd still be within the rules, and you'd get to keep the money. :)

Our GPS signals would be pretty worthless on the moon, as well. However... excuse me while I go and register the domain and trademark the word lunacaching. BRB...

Our GPS signals would be pretty worthless on the moon, as well. However... excuse me while I go and register the domain and trademark the word lunacaching. BRB...

RATS!! :mad:

Well, at least the domain is not registered yet.

Yep and uhhh I guess so.

Don't mistake 'property' for 'land' or 'real estate', the latter CAN be 'property', but so can all sorts of things including lunar landers and rovers... or your GPS, car, and so forth.

Snoogans wins!

Doug 7rxc

So I win the bet in one post and lose it in the next. :mad:

Yep and uhhh I guess so.

Snoogans wins!

Doug 7rxc

I specifically said, "property," to get a sucker to take my bet. :laughing:

:anitongue:

At least you suspected I had an ace up my sleeve? I don't know what to say about AZC taking me up on the bet after my cards were on the table. :anibad::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I heard that a private company is taking moon rock samples from the moon to make a thing called "conversion gel".

Fantastic! This should make some of those pesky Terrain 5 caches easier to get to.

Just don't try crushing and snorting the moon rock. I hear it's pure poison...

The cake is a lie.

Anyone figure out yet to make a cache resistant to say 30 million degrees Fahrenheit so we can send one to the sun?

"You are receiving this email because you are the owner of this listing.

AstroCacher found Is it hot in here? - Troutonthebrain (Traditional Cache) at

6/7/2012

Log Date: 6/7/2012

Good to see a cache all the way out here. Log book was slightly singed. I tried to log with my smart phone but it was not getting any service.

Visit this log entry at the below address:

http://coord.info/GLTHESUN

Visit Is it hot in here? - Troutonthebrain

http://coord.info/GC4ASUN

Profile for AstroCacher

http://coord.info/THESUN"

My Second question is earthcaches on the moon. If we were to put an earthcache on the moon wouldn't it therefore be a "moon" cache instead. Would we need a second organization.

Now who says Geocaching is just a cheap little hobby! :anitongue:

Yep and uhhh I guess so.

Snoogans wins!

Doug 7rxc

Nice semantics ploy there, I figured that would come into play. <_<

OK.

The 'property' was last seen on the moon, but do we have any substantial recent evidence/proof that it is actually still there? :P

Nice try, but the question was 'would you give up caching?'

Edited by The_Incredibles_

Nice try, but the question was 'would you give up caching?'

Darn! I didn't go back and look at the original post in that thread. My memory is starting to go! :laughing:

RATS!! :mad:

Well, at least the domain is not registered yet.

lunarcaching.com is registered.

How about lunaticcaching.com, that way ALL of US good take part! Since we all seem to qualify properly. :rolleyes:

Doug 7rxc

So, what's the premise? are we hiding Lunatics, then going to look for them or are the lunatics doing the hiding and finding all by themselves?

I see this would probably need a partner site to keep things under control lunaticcatching.com, if we're hiding lunatics, could be a good little online supply store, shipping may be an issue though