Mass download

Davespaceman

I thought I had done it but I could only get a small file not the big file with all the info on

What do you mean a small file? Is it a .Zip file, or a .GPX. If it's the ZIP, all you need is to uncompress it, WindowsXP and later are capable of doing this without any other software, pretty sure all other modern OSes can as well. This would leave you with 2 GPX files.

If it's a GPX file, that's what you want. Consult your user manual or tell us what model of GPS you have and we can give you more info on how to transfer it to your GPS.

How do I download a lot of cache info at one time ? Like all the cahches in a pocket quiery or the nearest 20 to a location etc

I thought I had done it but I could only get a small file not the big file with all the info on

I am a premium member.

How many caches did the pocket query screen tell you are in your PQ?

Also "small" and "big" are very subjective. How large is the file you received? How large a file were you expecting?

Lastly what options did you select for the PQ? Be sure you did not select both found and not found. If you did that means that each cache must be BOTH found and not found, so you will get NO caches.

You're downloading the preview - 20 caches at a time.

Schedule the Pocket Query to run on a day (like Friday). Then wait for the e-mail to arrive indicating that it's done. If it's less than 500 and not the "My Finds" query, the zip file will be attached.

Either way, you can go to www.geocaching.com/pocket and click the Download tab to get the current results for the query once it's run.

http://markwell.us/pq.htm#step5

You're downloading the preview - 20 caches at a time.

Schedule the Pocket Query to run on a day (like Friday). Then wait for the e-mail to arrive indicating that it's done. If it's less than 500 and not the "My Finds" query, the zip file will be attached.

Either way, you can go to www.geocaching.com/pocket and click the Download tab to get the current results for the query once it's run.

http://markwell.us/pq.htm#step5

Worked a treat thanks