Missing Caches on lists

I have been doing this for just under a year and we have been enjoying it very much. Last year we had a DNF at one location and I spoke to a friend who found it give me a clue to where it would be. I went to location and brought up my Iphone app and BOOM no cache title or location found. I looked for it and to no avail it is gone....

Now I just looked at map to see another one and it is missing as well.

Is this me or the CO's removing them from circulation.

I have been doing this for just under a year and we have been enjoying it very much. Last year we had a DNF at one location and I spoke to a friend who found it give me a clue to where it would be. I went to location and brought up my Iphone app and BOOM no cache title or location found. I looked for it and to no avail it is gone....

Now I just looked at map to see another one and it is missing as well.

Is this me or the CO's removing them from circulation.

If you could post the GC codes, that would help. It sounds like archiving of caches would be the likely reason they don't appear on the maps.

If you posted a DNF log for those caches, you can see those logs in your profile:

http://www.geocaching.com/my/logs.aspx?s=1&lt=3

B.

Yep, we've had the same problem; I make a list of caches that sound interesting, and when we get around to looking for them a few weeks later, they may have been disabled or archived! Now before we head out for a caching day, I do a quick check to be sure the caches we want to find are still there. If a cache has lots of recent DNF's, we avoid it!

There are lots of reasons why caches go off the map, but sometimes it's because the cache owner just didn't want to bother with maintenance, or dropped out of the sport and didn't archive his caches.

If you have a geocaching app on a smart phone, it really helps to be able to look up caches while you're in the car and see if they are active before you go to the trouble of looking for them!

In the official smartphone apps the caches don't have to be archived to not show up...only disabled.

If a conscientious owner disables their cache due to something so trivial as a full or damp log (things that are easily overcome by finders) you will not have the opportunity to make the find and fix the issue...thus saving the owner a maintenance trip.

Personally I would like it to be an option to 'show disabled' so I can decide for myself.