Pocket query to Iphone4

Saskhunters

I have a PQ on the website but when I go to my phone it is not there? I had read to try to uninstall the app and reinstall it...it had worked for someone else...but not me :( When I go to "saved" on the phone, nothing is there! When I click on PQ on first page it says I don't have any and to go to the website and make one (which I already did)!! Please help as I have an event starting in 30 hrs and really need this PQ to go to my phone! Thanks :D

I have a PQ on the website but when I go to my phone it is not there? I had read to try to uninstall the app and reinstall it...it had worked for someone else...but not me :( When I go to "saved" on the phone, nothing is there! When I click on PQ on first page it says I don't have any and to go to the website and make one (which I already did)!! Please help as I have an event starting in 30 hrs and really need this PQ to go to my phone! Thanks :D

Has the PQ actually run, and within the last 7 days? You can't just create the PQ, it also has to run. It's the result of the PQ that the app is retrieving.

Has the PQ actually run, and within the last 7 days? You can't just create the PQ, it also has to run. It's the result of the PQ that the app is retrieving.

Another member had created it a week ago with the events within the EVENT and I had bookmarked it. The actual caches will not be published until 5:30 tonight. However, I was able to get the PQ with the 3 mini events onto my GPSr so I am assuming I should be able to get it on my iPhone too...?

Another member had created it a week ago with the events within the EVENT and I had bookmarked it. The actual caches will not be published until 5:30 tonight. However, I was able to get the PQ with the 3 mini events onto my GPSr so I am assuming I should be able to get it on my iPhone too...?

I should add, I just added my phone as a device today on the website...does that make a difference??

Another member had created it a week ago with the events within the EVENT and I had bookmarked it.

Sorry, I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Another member created what? Do you mean you made a bookmark list of some cache listings, and you ran a PQ of that?

However, I was able to get the PQ with the 3 mini events onto my GPSr so I am assuming I should be able to get it on my iPhone too...?

If you successfully ran a PQ within the last 7 days, and it contained some results, it should be showing up in the app.

Actually, I just thought of something: I think if you delete the PQ, whether manually from the PQ list or using the "Run once then delete" within the PQ, it won't show up in the app. Is this possibly what's happening? I'm not totally sure about this, but it might be something to look into.

I should add, I just added my phone as a device today on the website...does that make a difference??

AFAIK, that doesn't affect any site functionality in any way. I really don't know why they even have that "feature".

A senior member had created the PQ for the event and I had bookmarked it. Not sure what AFAIK stands for...sorry. I will keep trying to figure it out, thanks so much for trying to help me, appreciate it!

AFAIK, (as far as i know)

Two things...you have to download the PQ on the inital screen, and the PQ has to be set to run weekly. If you choose 'run once and delete' it won't be there.

AFAIK....lol my mind is swamped with too much Geocache info, obviously!! Thanks, I will look into those two other things and see if I can get it to work!

When you fire up the app, the bottom tab, initial screen....did you select your PQ from your lists to download? You basically have to take it from the first screen (search tab) and move it to the saved tab (by downloading it to there.) They don't just autopopulate the saved tab, thank goodness. I'd have too many caches on my phone then!

When you fire up the app, the bottom tab, initial screen....did you select your PQ from your lists to download? You basically have to take it from the first screen (search tab) and move it to the saved tab (by downloading it to there.) They don't just autopopulate the saved tab, thank goodness. I'd have too many caches on my phone then!

On the initial screen there isn't any PQ's there to pick to download. I am just too new to all this (Geocaching and Iphones!) If I get it figured out I will post here to Thank you both for the tips!!

Do you have three tabs, or four?

If you don't see a tab that says "Pocket Queries" (just under the spot where you put in GC codes) then the app doesn't recognize that you are a PM yet.

You have to log out and then back in. Since many people can't do this, then just delete the app and reinstall.

Here's a screenshot of what your initial page should look like

541227_3231180912733_1662953303_2607931_1146270995_n.jpg

Edited by JesandTodd

Do you have three tabs, or four?

If you don't see a tab that says "Pocket Queries" (just under the spot where you put in GC codes) then the app doesn't recognize that you are a PM yet.

You have to log out and then back in. Since many people can't do this, then just delete the app and reinstall.

Here's a screenshot of what your initial page should look like

541227_3231180912733_1662953303_2607931_1146270995_n.jpg

Yes, this is what mine looks like, but nothing there when I click on PQ's?!!

If I get it figured out I will post here to Thank you both for the tips!!

Have you checked the PQ for the "Run once then delete" setting? Is it set to "Run this query once then delete it", or something else? This is most likely where the problem lies.

I will go check right now, thanks

Uncheck the day of the week after the query runs

If I get it figured out I will post here to Thank you both for the tips!!

Have you checked the PQ for the "Run once then delete" setting? Is it set to "Run this query once then delete it", or something else? This is most likely where the problem lies.

I will go check right now, thanks

"Uncheck the day of the week after the query runs"...is marked but no days are clicked on...does this make sense?

"Uncheck the day of the week after the query runs"...is marked but no days are clicked on...does this make sense?

Yeah, that sounds right. If you go to the "Pocket Queries Ready for Download" tab, does it show as being available for download?

I am so sorry...where do I find that tab?? have never done this, someone else sent it to my GPS when they were at my house, so feeling quite lost!!

Yeah, that sounds right. If you go to the "Pocket Queries Ready for Download" tab, does it show as being available for download?

I am so sorry...where do I find that tab?? have never done this, someone else sent it to my GPS when they were at my house, so feeling quite lost!!

Found it! It says 0

Found it! It says 0

The tab says "Pocket Queries Ready for Download (0)"? That means you haven't run the PQ, or haven't run it in the last 7 days. You'll have to select a day of the week to run (if you want to run it now, choose Thursday), then submit it.

OK, I will try that. All the event caches will be published tonight at 5:30, the only ones available now are the BBQ and Pancake breakfast ones. Should I run it tonight after all the caches will be available or now and then again later tonight?

Should I run it tonight after all the caches will be available or now and then again later tonight?

It would probably make more sense to wait until the caches are published. If you want to do some testing to make sure it's going to work, you could create another PQ and run that, then make sure it's available in the app.

Should I run it tonight after all the caches will be available or now and then again later tonight?

It would probably make more sense to wait until the caches are published. If you want to do some testing to make sure it's going to work, you could create another PQ and run that, then make sure it's available in the app.

Great idea! I will do that! THANK YOU both for being so patient with this newbie!! lol

Happy Caching!

Great idea! I will do that! THANK YOU both for being so patient with this newbie!! lol

Happy Caching!

I just did a PQ for caches for my kids...it worked!! I was obviously just confused about "running" a query first. Its on my phone!!! Wow, thank you!! I'm a little old school and remember encyclopedias and rotary dial phones! Hee hee Take care!

Be aware that a Pocket Queriy can only be run once a day and you can only run 5 Pocket Queries within a 24 hour period. Fortunately, you can make a copy of an existing PQ! Look for the lighting bolt with a green circle (with a "+" in the circle) to the right of the PQ Name. This will create a copy of the PQ using the same criteria.

Be aware that a Pocket Queriy can only be run once a day and you can only run 5 Pocket Queries within a 24 hour period. Fortunately, you can make a copy of an existing PQ! Look for the lighting bolt with a green circle (with a "+" in the circle) to the right of the PQ Name. This will create a copy of the PQ using the same criteria.

Thanks Papa, appreciate the info :D