Searching for Geocoins & Other Trackables

66henry

I'm fairly new to geocaching and have found it to be fun and challenging. I am trying to find a way to find geocoins and other trackables. I know I can find them by typing in their serial numbers, etc. Is there a way to find these on live map or "search nearby" options without knowing the specific trackable?

Thanks,

66henry

Go to Geocaching.com

Click Play

Find Trackables

Geocoin Home

There should be a map of geocoins around your location.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for that! I didn't know it was so easy.

But like Droo said, just because it's listed in the cache, it doesn't mean it's actually still in the cache. But hopefully they are!

There are some very good resources on the geocaching website. Hunt them down and read them - there are all sorts of very useful bits of information in them.

A great place to start is the pinned topics at the top of Geocoin Discussions forum - a must for everyone to read! :)

There are some very good resources on the geocaching website. Hunt them down and read them - there are all sorts of very useful bits of information in them.

A great place to start is the pinned topics at the top of Geocoin Discussions forum - a must for everyone to read! :)

Thanks!

Go to Geocaching.com

Click Play

Find Trackables

Geocoin Home

But like Droo said, just because it's listed in the cache, it doesn't mean it's actually still in the cache. But hopefully they are!

I checked again and noticed that it only shows geocoins around my home location. If I pan around the map it doesn't show any others. Am I missing something? I'm looking for something like "live map" for the trackables. Is there such a thing?

Thanks.

Go to Geocaching.com

Click Play

Find Trackables

Geocoin Home

I checked again and noticed that it only shows geocoins around my home location. If I pan around the map it doesn't show any others. Am I missing something? I'm looking for something like "live map" for the trackables. Is there such a thing?

Thanks.

If you have a premium membership you can create a pocket query and tick the checkbox for 'Have Travel Bugs' (this includes geocoins). Save your pocket query and then from the query list page click on the map icon for that pocket query. This will show you all the caches in your selected area that might still contain a travel bug or geocoin.

Go to Geocaching.com

Click Play

Find Trackables

Geocoin Home

Thanks.

If you have a premium membership you can create a pocket query and tick the checkbox for 'Have Travel Bugs' (this includes geocoins). Save your pocket query and then from the query list page click on the map icon for that pocket query. This will show you all the caches in your selected area that might still contain a travel bug or geocoin.

I do have a premium membership and will try out the pocket queries. Thanks.

Some this is also something I am wondering about. I have gone to the home page for geocoins and it does show me a map, but not of my area. It seems like every time I go to the page the map shows me a different location. Today it was New York City, NY. The other day it was in Europe, China and random other counties. I am in Montana so those maps do no good for me. Has anybody else had an issue like this and know how to fix it. I'm new to geocaching and really excited to start finding and tracking geocoins and travel bugs.

Some this is also something I am wondering about. I have gone to the home page for geocoins and it does show me a map, but not of my area. It seems like every time I go to the page the map shows me a different location. Today it was New York City, NY. The other day it was in Europe, China and random other counties. I am in Montana so those maps do no good for me. Has anybody else had an issue like this and know how to fix it. I'm new to geocaching and really excited to start finding and tracking geocoins and travel bugs.

Try updating your home location, maybe that will help.

Yup, that happens to me, too. Never have gotten it to work. The site definitely knows my home location, so...???

Try updating your home location, maybe that will help.

The website does know my home location but like ByronForestPreserve it still does not work properly. I did find a way to see which trackables where recently logged in my state so that kinda works, but I have a feeling there are a lot more then the recently logged ones.

Edited by biohzrd87

Now you tell us..... :P

Go to Geocaching.com

Click Play

Find Trackables

Geocoin Home

Thanks.

It looks like having the Geocoin Information Page display a map that's centred on your home coordinates is a Premium Member feature. That's totally unclear from the page text, so I've flagged it (the page text, not the random mapping) as a bug: forum topic here.