Login

Team BikeFast

If I try to login on this page:

<https://www.geocaching.com/login/default.aspx>

That is the page where I get redirected when I hit my <http://www.geocaching.com/my/> bookmark in a fresh browser session.

It keeps returning to the page and ever login. The only way I can login is by going to the main page and use the small login box in the upper right corner. Of course, like everyone else the login only lasts until I close the browser. Then it's start all over again...

I prefer to go directly to the "my" page so that I can get to the maps right away (my most used feature). Now it's 3 clicks plus a login to get to the map.

I have the EXACT same problem. I am running an iMac OSX Lion 10.7.4 with Safari 5.1.7. I have never had this problem until I logged off one day to let a friend log on to log some of her caches. Then I can only login up at the top right login window and it never remembers me. I just deleted all of my cookies and that did not help at all. any suggestions?

I have the EXACT same problem. I am running an iMac OSX Lion 10.7.4 with Safari 5.1.7. I have never had this problem until I logged off one day to let a friend log on to log some of her caches. Then I can only login up at the top right login window and it never remembers me. I just deleted all of my cookies and that did not help at all. any suggestions?

Same behavior here, but Win XP, Firefox. The top right (Sign In) link by my avatar works, but it only works once, regardless of the state of the Remember Me checkbox. The main login page doesn't work at all.

KB said it best.

Edited by knowschad

Still not working, or even becoming worse!

Using: https://www.geocachi...in/default.aspx, I cannot log in at all - it just keeps redirecting me to the same page, again an again.

Using the login box in the upper right corner, I can log in, however, when I close the browser it is gone again, and I can re-login.

If anything, the last update made it WORSE for me, before I was kicked out every few hours and now it's EVERYTIME I close the browser.

Fix it please, this is VERY annoying!

FYI, I am using Firefox 13.0 on Windows 7 64-Bits

OK, now I found the problem: you need to delete the old "user-id"-cookie for geocaching.com.

After that everything works as expected... both login-pages.

Thanks! That fixed it for me, too! :)