Geocaching Vs Apple Mac OC X

iVader

Hy Everyone,

I opened this topic, because i can´t find one that explains me how to solve a small synch problem between my Garmin and my Mac.

I have a Garmin Colorado 300 that i use for paperless Geocaching, i used to use a Windows based PC to synch the Geocaches to the GPS and everything worked just fine.

However, i migrated to Apple´s MacBook Pro with Mac OS X, i downloaded all the necessary software from Garmin´s website to properly synch the GPS with the Mac, but i´m having difficulties on synching the Geocaches, when i try to synch a Cache, it recognises the GPS and it says "the file was successfully written to your device" but in fact it wasn´t.

I tried this for quite a few times and everytime was the same problem.

Can someone please help me with this problem?

Many Thanks,

iN06

Hy Everyone,

I opened this topic, because i can´t find one that explains me how to solve a small synch problem between my Garmin and my Mac.

I have a Garmin Colorado 300 that i use for paperless Geocaching, i used to use a Windows based PC to synch the Geocaches to the GPS and everything worked just fine.

However, i migrated to Apple´s MacBook Pro with Mac OS X, i downloaded all the necessary software from Garmin´s website to properly synch the GPS with the Mac, but i´m having difficulties on synching the Geocaches, when i try to synch a Cache, it recognises the GPS and it says "the file was successfully written to your device" but in fact it wasn´t.

I tried this for quite a few times and everytime was the same problem.

Can someone please help me with this problem?

Many Thanks,

iN06

There has been discussion that version 4.X of the Mac version of the communicator plugin has a bug that renders it useless. Most users have choosen to use version 3.X of the plugin with success. My recollection is that there is a beta version of 4.X that is useable with a Mac. If I had a Mac I would use 3.X.