Tri-Cities June 22 Event

LayDBugz

Has anyone had a successful bid on Priceline for this weekend? I'm up to $67 and still no luck. I'm only dropping to 2 1/2 stars (hoping for a Red Lion!)

Interested to hear if anyone has had any luck.

Looking forward to this event and caching in an area I've yet to cache in. Also hoping to grab some water caches during the kayaking tour. Does anyone know if that is an option? Would love to hear from previous attenders or anyone in the know.

Thanks! :D

Has anyone had a successful bid on Priceline for this weekend? I'm up to $67 and still no luck. I'm only dropping to 2 1/2 stars (hoping for a Red Lion!)

Interested to hear if anyone has had any luck.

Looking forward to this event and caching in an area I've yet to cache in. Also hoping to grab some water caches during the kayaking tour. Does anyone know if that is an option? Would love to hear from previous attenders or anyone in the know.

Thanks! :D

FWIW, I'm booked at the Quality Inn in Kennewick at AAA rate of $76.49. No deal there; oh well, at least I earn points.

I just happened to be at Tillicum Inn in Umatilla that evening (south of Tri-cities in Oregon) - $60 rate for queen. I was unaware of an event going on nearby, now I'll have to look :) Keep trying on Priceline - lower bid acceptance sometimes goes thru the closer you get to the date. Get an alternate reservation(refundable) set up now though, just in case.

I live in the Tri-Cities and I will be attending the event. There will be two kayaking times and they will be getting the local water caches. I believe there are 5 caches on the islands around Bateman Island. The times they will be going out will be 1pm and 4pm. The cost is $34 dollars. There is a link on the event cache page so if you want to do the kayak caches I would suggest you sign up now. They will also be putting out two night caches. The Tri-Cities has an abundance of caches.

Still working on getting a hotel BUT my cousin, TeamEdcob29, and I have booked the 4pm kayaking tour. Very limited spots (there were only 12 for each time slot.) If you are wanting to kayak you better book now! Can't wait for some water caches.

Fairly new to geocaching but since I am going to be in the Tri Cities during the event thought I would check it out with the kids. How do these work? I have no interest in going in a kayak, but am very interested in the rest of the challenge. Do they hand out the coordinates for the caches at the start of the event? Does it just end up being everyone following everyone else? Thanks in advance for the info.