Cache Ideas

There is a CO in my area that is fond of hiding micros in the forest. One was a small bison tube hung at the top of a tall pine sapling (about 10-12 feet up). The hint supplied was 'not on the ground'. He told me that one hide of his was a hollowed out acorn weather proofed.... unfortunately for him it not only fooled the cachers in the area, squirrels found it appetizing as well...

He also has a barrel of monkey's cache (PVC puzzle contraption that contains a key that unlocks a compartment that contains the cache.) I've seen plans for this online, and he has told me that he helped another CO in another state build one. That cache was a lot of fun.

Puzzle caches are popular in this area as well. Several CO's seem to have a competition to outdo each other. I know of one cache that was placed almost a year ago that has never been solved and found.

I'm looking for any EVIL and CREATIVE geocaching ideas to make one for myself since there doesn't seem to be much in my town. There are just a bunch of skirts to lift here!

I've been told by several local Cachers that this cache of mine is very evil GC38TA0. If you would like to use idea feel free. This one has been in place for several months and only found once. Some have trouble cracking the code and others have trouble finding the micro final. Oh, and it's hidden near the core of the local college campus, so stealth is an issue too, lol.

I'm looking for any EVIL and CREATIVE geocaching ideas to make one for myself since there doesn't seem to be much in my town. There are just a bunch of skirts to lift here!

I've been told by several local Cachers that this cache of mine is very evil GC38TA0. If you would like to use idea feel free. This one has been in place for several months and only found once. Some have trouble cracking the code and others have trouble finding the micro final. Oh, and it's hidden near the core of the local college campus, so stealth is an issue too, lol.

Thanks for the advice! :)

I looked at your profile, and I think you are a teenager and a Boy Scout? It's great that you want to add to the enjoyment of your fellow cachers in your town by placing new caches. The best way to get good ideas is just to find a lot of caches, and you've already found over 100 and placed a few of your own. If you are able to travel to other locations a hundred miles or more from your home town, you may be able to get some good ideas for caches to copy in your town. It's wonderful to see how inventive other cachers are, and you can use their ideas for your own caches if you're not too close by!

It's also very important to maintain your caches, and when you use unusual containers or interesting hiding methods, that can add to the maintenance required. Just be sure that when you place your new caches, you'll be able to get back to check on them or make any needed adjustments if finders report problems with the cache. If you will be leaving home soon for college, you many want to join a local geocaching club and meet other cachers who can "adopt" your cache if you do move away from home.

I looked at your profile, and I think you are a teenager and a Boy Scout? It's great that you want to add to the enjoyment of your fellow cachers in your town by placing new caches. The best way to get good ideas is just to find a lot of caches, and you've already found over 100 and placed a few of your own. If you are able to travel to other locations a hundred miles or more from your home town, you may be able to get some good ideas for caches to copy in your town. It's wonderful to see how inventive other cachers are, and you can use their ideas for your own caches if you're not too close by!

It's also very important to maintain your caches, and when you use unusual containers or interesting hiding methods, that can add to the maintenance required. Just be sure that when you place your new caches, you'll be able to get back to check on them or make any needed adjustments if finders report problems with the cache. If you will be leaving home soon for college, you many want to join a local geocaching club and meet other cachers who can "adopt" your cache if you do move away from home.

Thanks for the advice, I've geocached at different locations and different places have their own little way of hiding their caches. :D

Take a look at Geocache Spoilers. Its a youtube site that was run by a friend of mine who sadly is now no longer with us. Plenty of ideas for interesting caches. A couple of the caches featured were mine.

http://www.youtube.com/user/geocachespoilers

Interesting caches dont have to be evil hides. They can be just fun to do. I set up a series of caches called Crazy Golf. All the caches were based on golfing terms. The cache or its location then related to the golfing term.

E.g.

Bunker - The cache is an ammo can filled with sand and the listing placed in the bottom in a plastic envelope.

Water Hazard. The cache is attached to the roof of a small pipe that is the inlet to a lake.