Mapping waypoints

linc0lns

I have solved several challenge caches in my area and added their coords as waypoints in the navigation screen (I use the I phone app) and I also have them saved in a "solved" list. I was wondering if there is a way to map all of the waypoints so I can view them all on the map at the same time or if I just have to keep going to each one individually. Just trying to figure out if there is an easy way to figure out my route to get to all of the real cache locations :)

Firstly, congratulations on your accomplishment!

But, there is some confusion on what you have actually accomplished. :unsure:

Challenge caches don't need to be 'solved', the listed co-ordinates are the actual co-ordinates of the container.

If we are actually talking about mystery caches, then you should be able to create a PQ from your bookmark list (if that is the 'solved list' you mentioned), and then only show the caches on that list on your phone. The bad news is that your 'solved/corrected' co-ordinates WILL NOT be included in the PQ...so you would need to edit each one manually. :(

I believe the 'user corrected' co-ordinates ARE delivered with an individual .gpx download, but combining several individual .gpx files together on the phone may not work. GSAK can do this though I'm not sure if there is a way to upload a GSAK file to an iPhone.

The bad news is that your 'solved/corrected' co-ordinates WILL NOT be included in the PQ...so you would need to edit each one manually. :(

Are you sure? According to the release notes from December:

In the last release we made it possible for Basic and Premium Members to add "corrected" coordinates to Mystery and Multi-caches. Visit the cache page and click the pencil icon next to coordinates, paste your new coordinates in the field and submit. That's it! The new coordinates will be hidden from others so there is no reason to fear spoiling the final location. When you download the GPX from the cache or generate a Pocket Query your new coordinates are included.

I don't use this function, so I wouldn't know if they've turned off that functionality since then.

The bad news is that your 'solved/corrected' co-ordinates WILL NOT be included in the PQ...so you would need to edit each one manually. :(

In the last release we made it possible for Basic and Premium Members to add "corrected" coordinates to Mystery and Multi-caches. Visit the cache page and click the pencil icon next to coordinates, paste your new coordinates in the field and submit. That's it! The new coordinates will be hidden from others so there is no reason to fear spoiling the final location. When you download the GPX from the cache or generate a Pocket Query your new coordinates are included.

I don't use this function, so I wouldn't know if they've turned off that functionality since then.

It's been a couple of weeks since I ran a PQ that had a cache with changed coordinates. At that time the corrected coordinates were properly included in the PQ. I doubt this feature has been removed.

Hmm, maybe I got it backwards, or I am living in the past! :lol:

In any case I correct my co-ordinates in GSAK, and don't rely on the site to do the job for me. ;)