Acceptable cache?

I'd like to do a cache where the participants would have to find the answers to a "puzzle" to discover the coordinates of the cache. These questions would be on the cache page and the cache page would have all the information necessary to solve those questions. However, to get credit for the find (Smiley) they would have to email me the answers to four additional questions that can only be solved with additional information found in the cache itself or the cache location.

I'm not sure this qualifies as a Puzzle Cache. What kind of cache would this be? And, is this type of cache even allowed?

I'd like to do a cache where the participants would have to find the answers to a "puzzle" to discover the coordinates of the cache. These questions would be on the cache page and the cache page would have all the information necessary to solve those questions. However, to get credit for the find (Smiley) they would have to email me the answers to four additional questions that can only be solved with additional information found in the cache itself or the cache location.

I'm not sure this qualifies as a Puzzle Cache. What kind of cache would this be? And, is this type of cache even allowed?

I believe it would not be allowed because of the additional logging requirement - having them email you the additional answers. What purpose would that serve, btw.

However, to get credit for the find (Smiley) they would have to email me the answers to four additional questions that can only be solved with additional information found in the cache itself or the cache location.

Yep, you've covered each word of Additional logging requirements:

Additional = Additional

Credit for the find = Logging

Have to = Requirement

Sorry, not allowed. Your cache was fine until the 4 additional questions.

Although it is not allowed by current rules, who says the rules should not be changed to grow with the sport? I would have no problem doing a cache like that if an interesting location.

Things sometimes need to change, a listing for nano sizes on cache pages for example.. :)

Although it is not allowed by current rules, who says the rules should not be changed to grow with the sport? I would have no problem doing a cache like that if an interesting location.

Things sometimes need to change, a listing for nano sizes on cache pages for example.. :)

That was allowed at one time, which produced disasterous results. The current rules are the product of trial and error. :D

Although it is not allowed by current rules, who says the rules should not be changed to grow with the sport?

The rules did change. ALRs were allowed, and now they aren't. And the world is better for it. Or would you rather I put a requirement on all my caches that you must post a video to Youtube of yourself dancing a jig at GZ to get credit for finding the cache? If ALRs were allowed again, I have no doubt there'd be a lot of similarly ridiculous ALRs, and TPTB would be working non-stop dealing with deleted logs and disgruntled cachers.

Requirements like you propose used to be allowable but they had to be banned due to abuse by cache owners. You might say things had to change for the sport to grow. :) There were a lot of fun caches with ALRs, but the bad ones pretty much killed the idea.

This type of thing used to be allowed. It caused more of a kerfuffle than it merited, so it's gone. Some of the requirements (example: "take a photo of yourself wearing a silly hat while at GZ using the enclosed camera in the ammo can or deleted your log shall be") were pretty dumb.

If you want to make people jump through hoops - you have to frame it as a challenge.

Thank you all for your responses. I now have a much better understanding of the caching guidelines. Though I'd never abuse an ALR I certainly see why they are no longer allowed given the few examples sighted. I'll rework my plan so there are no additional log requirements at the cache site. :)

Now, if you ask people to email you the answers to a question just for fun, or for the educational value, or ask them to put on a silly hat and take a picture of themselves at GZ with the disposable camera, that's still OK, as long as you don't REQUIRE them to do it to log the find. Optional additional actions are fine.