Android App Feature Request

Harwell5

I don't know if this has been discussed or mentioned. My search came up empty. If it is discussed in another thread, please feel free to combine or point me there.

I would like to request a new feature added to the android (et al) smartphone apps.

On the main page, I would like to have a button for "My Hides" only. There have been many times when I needing to check my caches for maintenance, but accessing them through the app is a little difficult as of now (unless I am missing something). What are the chances we could get a "My Hides" button on the main page of the Geocaching.com smartphone app?

Thanks for the consideration.

On the main page, I would like to have a button for "My Hides" only. There have been many times when I needing to check my caches for maintenance, but accessing them through the app is a little difficult as of now (unless I am missing something).

I can't speak for the Android app, but when I do a search for nearby caches in the iPhone app, my hides show up just like any other cache. Do they not show up in the Android app?

You can do that too with the Android app. But it's intermingled with other caches as well. You can turn off the my hides and only search for those found and unfound as well. I was talking about having a quick feature in just a button to open my hides only.

You could create a bookmark list of your own caches, then create a PQ from that bookmark list, and then download and view that PQ in the app.

Yeah that's possible, but a home screen button would be much simple. :-) Plus Premium Members can't create PQs, so that wouldn't work for those who are not PMs, but have the app.