How do I open Goecaching app by default on Android?

Lounge Fly

Whenever I receive an email on my phone about a new cache that was enabled, I have the ability to view it via the GC code with the given link.

I accidentally told the phone to open up the link with the internet browser rather than the geocaching app. I much prefer it to open with the app because I can see everything much easier. But I can't figure out how to change the default to open with the app. Does anyone have any insight?

I have tried clearing the cache and clearing the data for both the geocaching app and email app to no avail. I have also even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the geocaching app twice to sort of force the phone into not remembering what its default action was. This also did not work.

Clearing cookies is greyed out on the app settings.

Does anyone else know what I may be able to do to fix this?

Google is your friend. I easily found this. It was about using Opera as the default browser, but the 2nd paragraph is what you need.

After installing Opera, when you open a link from somewhere in the system, you should see a popup asking you to choose between the browsers available. That popup should have a checkbox for saving the browser you choose as the default browser.

If you have already set a default browser, you must go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications, find the browser you now have as default and click on "Clear defaults" in the details page, then go through the process described in the first paragraph.

Google is your friend. I easily found this. It was about using Opera as the default browser, but the 2nd paragraph is what you need.

After installing Opera, when you open a link from somewhere in the system, you should see a popup asking you to choose between the browsers available. That popup should have a checkbox for saving the browser you choose as the default browser.

If you have already set a default browser, you must go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications, find the browser you now have as default and click on "Clear defaults" in the details page, then go through the process described in the first paragraph.

Actually I did google this before coming here. I already tried clearing my defaults, but the option on both my email program and geocaching app is greyed out,so I can not do that. In my original post, when I said cookies were greyed out, I meant defaults. I should have checked that before writing it.

So my question remains, does anyone have any insight on how can I fix this problem?

*edit*

After posting this, it struck me that the defaults might be in my browser settings and not email or geocaching. Cleared those defaults and it works. Thanks for the help!

Edited by Lounge Fly