Murder mystery idea

I currently have plans to put out 5 caches (maybe more) in the next couple months with a superhero theme, I thought as a little something extra or incentive in finding them all and to add another level of gameplay for those who want it, adding like a clue murder mystery element to it. My idea so far a "police officer" is killed in arkham asylum and batman has to figure out who done it each cache would have a bit of info eliminating villains or incriminating them like the board game clue. This is just a rough idea and not fully fleshed out, has any got a better one or better way of doing it? I don't want to make this mandatory or anything like I said just a extra bit of fun for those who want too.

Sounds fun.

Maybe there is a bonus mystery cache. Each of the regular caches has two pieces of information -- 1 A villian card, with info and their 'coordinates'. 2 -- a clue card, which gives a hint as to which villian is correct. Once the player figures out which villian is correct then they will go to those coordinates, and then they will be able to find the mystery cache.

Sounds like a fun series. As a superhero fan, I know I'd love to try a series like that. I assume you have an idea as to which villain you'd choose to be the killer for when people solved it? Or have you not decided officially yet? Not that I'm asking you to give it away of course.

Maybe one way you could handle it is each cache could be placed somewhere. Each location could be specific to a certain villain. Like a field = Scarecrow, maybe a carnival (or somewhere that stays and is appropriate) = Joker, an ice producing place (the kind where you buy ice...I've seen individual "buildings" in parking lots of stores that are solely for making and buying ice but I don't know if these are everywhere) = Mr. Freeze and so on.

Ultimately, the final cache could be at a generic spot and you have to figure out which supervillain is left and the one that's left could be the killer.

Of course that's just an idea that immediately sprung to mind. Like, you wouldn't have to explicitly point out the fact that each place "represents" a villain but let the person figure out (whatever hints you want to provide would be up to you).

Like, "Hmm...a field. What villain could possibly be related to a field?"

Perhaps a list of suspects could be provided. But that might make it TOO easy. I'm not certain *shrugs*

Just a thought.

Edited by DarthJustice

I currently have plans to put out 5 caches (maybe more) in the next couple months with a superhero theme, I thought as a little something extra or incentive in finding them all and to add another level of gameplay for those who want it, adding like a clue murder mystery element to it. My idea so far a "police officer" is killed in arkham asylum and batman has to figure out who done it each cache would have a bit of info eliminating villains or incriminating them like the board game clue. This is just a rough idea and not fully fleshed out, has any got a better one or better way of doing it? I don't want to make this mandatory or anything like I said just a extra bit of fun for those who want too.

I am currently working on a clue series here in Wa...

http://coord.info/GC30RTW (it's a PMO Cache) That's the final bonus cache, and all the other caches have the clues in them.

I've seen several clue series caches out west. Each cache has the same cache page description, listing the possible murders, weapons and locations. Each cache has a note taped to the lid stating that that particular item is here (IE not the weapon, murderer and/or location) once you find all the caches you eliminate the innocent suspects and are left with the guilty party. That gets emailed to the CO who then replies with the coordinates to the bonus cache. Be preapared to quickly repair any caches that go missing promptly, as a missing cache prevents completion of the bonus cache.

Like this?

Murder Mystery

Or like this?

True Crime Series

But if it is a Super hero series, I wouldn't include "Murder" in the name. IMHO

Thanks for the ideas and help, "murder mystery" wouldn't be the name I am just spit balin like I said it was a rough idea I just know I want to have the inside of my ammo cans just as decorated as the outside....currently I don't have a specific villain nor victim picked out so many to choose from. Also if people seem to respond to this I may update the mystery every year.

Mine is called Clueless. It's a six stage cache, with each stage eliminating one or more people, rooms or weapons. When you find the next to last stage, you consult the chart for the location of the final. Doesn't get a lot of finds, what with the mile hike each way, and the 400' climb (yes. Each way!) But we love it!