The Eclipse, while out caching

I goofed off quite a lot on Saturday, one find, some errands run and plotting caches along routes and in areas I'll be visiting on a trip.

Sunday was all about restoring my Caching Karma with some good old fashioned suffering on the trail to several caches -- with a twist, after about 11 miles I was atop Santa Rosalia and found a fellow up there with dark glasses to give away (darn few people in the trails, anywhere late on a Sunday in any case) so we had the clearing to view the eclipse -- I didn't find the cache I was up there for, though.

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1587715

At some point I'll create a slide-show with the progression, but there it is a the turn-around point on Sunday's hike. My extremely stupid camera actually took some good pics (how do you get the original 1024 resolution to show up on that site?)

A dozen caches and some pictures of an eclipse. Not bad, but sure had to march back out of the park on the double time to beat the real sunset.

Nice sequence of photos! In my area--the Wisconsin/Minnesota border--an inspired event host set up an eclipse viewing event at a historic fire tower. One of the most unique events I've had the pleasure of attending. We had about 67% coverage here, so pretty awesome sight.

Oh, and to get there, everyone had to climb 553 steps from the parking area. I chose to do so twice, to get my other camera. Feeling it in the calves today, but worth it.