Downloading caches and pocket queries to new magellan 310

Let me start by saying I wish I was tech savvy, especially with this hobby!

I've been caching from my phone for the past 2 years and have thought several times that I wished I had a dedicated GPSr unit, while at a mega event over the weekend I saw the Magellan distributor and purchased the explorist 310 and cannot figure out this thing to save my life.

I have made a pocket query to download to the unit but I can't seem to figure out how to get the file "unzipped" and have downloaded all the magellan software (I think) but still can't get anything to onto the gps. I need some guidance, the quick start guide hasn't been much help and I can't seem to find much info online to help me, I watched some tutorials but they didn't help very much. Also if I need to download more programs I would prefer them be free (at least til I can see if this gets figured out)

Thanks for any help!!

The quick and easy way to get the PQ on the Explorist:

1) attach it to the PC with the USB cable

2) power it on

3) select "connect to pc"

4) should be recognized and open the drive to view files, or browse for the drive and open it

5) open the "Geocaches" folder

6) unzip the PQ file and drag it to this folder (to unzip, right click and "extract all")

7) you can place the additional waypoints within the PQ into the "Waypoints" folder if you want them (not necessary)

8) a good practice to disconnect is to use the "safely remove hardware" icon in the lower right task bar of the PC (right click)

Edited by Deadelm

The quick and easy way to get the PQ on the Explorist:

1) attach it to the PC with the USB cable

2) power it on

3) select "connect to pc"

4) should be recognized and open the drive to view files, or browse for the drive and open it

5) open the "Geocaches" folder

6) unzip the PQ file and drag it to this folder (to unzip, right click and "extract all")

7) you can place the additional waypoints within the PQ into the "Waypoints" folder if you want them (not necessary)

8) a good practice to disconnect is to use the "safely remove hardware" icon in the lower right task bar of the PC (right click)

YAY!! thank you this finally did the trick! can't wait to download more pq's now and go find some caches! :D