Oregon x50 software version 5.57 Beta

Changes made from version 5.50 to 5.57:

• Added new route activity types
  • Added support for Kenwood NMEA Waypoint Sentence
  • Improved GPS response at low speeds
  • Fixed issue with preserving routes imported from Basecamp (identical maps required)
  • Fixed Spell Search in German
  • Problems with this beta software may be reported to OregonBeta@garmin.com

LINK

The low speed seems to appear in every list.

Any compelling reason to upgrade? I'm at v4.50 and I hike, use topo maps, and record tracks of trails. Just started doing geotagging of photos and loading the photos into my OR 450.

Thanks for the post/link.

The low speed seems to appear in every list.

Any compelling reason to upgrade? I'm at v4.50 and I hike, use topo maps, and record tracks of trails. Just started doing geotagging of photos and loading the photos into my OR 450.

Thanks for the post/link.

The new Garmins were having a " sticky " problem....when stopped or moving very slowly your screen would not update you position. On My Oregon 450 and 62S the last update before this beta cured the problem on them .....I believe the Etrex recently got much better with a recent update.

Downloaded without problems but the route activity types are not being saved Profile specific. When the settings for the route activity types such as "Activity", "Calculation Method", "Avoidance Setup", and "Off Route Recalculation" are changed in one Profile it makes the change in your other profiles, too.

Downloaded without problems but the route activity types are not being saved Profile specific. When the settings for the route activity types such as "Activity", "Calculation Method", "Avoidance Setup", and "Off Route Recalculation" are changed in one Profile it makes the change in your other profiles, too.

I emailed Garmin about the above problem and got this for a reply,

"Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We have fixed this issue, and the fix will be in the next software release.

Oregon Software Team"

I installed ok then I had major problems when it was loading caches with the unit just powering off. Managed to get it working then changed the caches same problem. Took about 4 goes even to power up. After that has seemed ok for the last few hours. I am on my way back to 5.5.

I installed the update a couple of days ago. This morning I left for GWX, with a few Wherigo caches on the list to find along the way. Arrived at the first location and tried to start the cartridge. The Wherigo button would not do anything. Just locked up. So much for the plan today.

Found a hotel for the night and downgraded back to 5.00. Wherigo is working again. 3 whereigos planned for tomorrow.

I upgraded and decided to downgrade almost minutes later. Wherigo doesn't work, and it turns off unexpectedly. I couldn't even calibrate the compass as it would turn off after step 3 every time. I'm back on 5.50 and at least things work now.