Wherigo questions

softball29

I've searched the forum for "Wherigo" and many of the things that come up seem to be older.

I don't expect someone to write up a full thing here, but I'm trying to work on placing my first one or two Wherigo caches. I downloaded the program to create the cartridge, but it's filled with errors. Every time I try and do something, an error pops up. I downloaded a second program and errors as well.

I've searched all over for a detailed item to creating one and I only get the tutorial on the Wherigo site -- and when I try and follow it on the program... you guessed it ... errors.

I'm really interested in doing a couple of these, but I'm ready to throw in the towel because after many hours of searching the web and everything -- and trying to figure the program -- it keeps beating me?

Anyone know of a place I can find some detailed stuff or have some tips etc. for me? Thanks!

I've searched the forum for "Wherigo" and many of the things that come up seem to be older.

I don't expect someone to write up a full thing here, but I'm trying to work on placing my first one or two Wherigo caches. I downloaded the program to create the cartridge, but it's filled with errors. Every time I try and do something, an error pops up. I downloaded a second program and errors as well.

I've searched all over for a detailed item to creating one and I only get the tutorial on the Wherigo site -- and when I try and follow it on the program... you guessed it ... errors.

I'm really interested in doing a couple of these, but I'm ready to throw in the towel because after many hours of searching the web and everything -- and trying to figure the program -- it keeps beating me?

Anyone know of a place I can find some detailed stuff or have some tips etc. for me? Thanks!

The dedicated forum for Wherigo might be a place to look for help:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=59

A forum moderator will probably move this thread to that forum.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

The dedicated forum for Wherigo might be a place to look for help:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=59

A forum moderator will probably move this thread to that forum.

B.

I honestly have no clue how I missed this forum last night. I looked up and down, figuring there had to be one dedicated to Wherigo. Thanks for linking me, though I now feel like a massive dolt!

I honestly have no clue how I missed this forum last night. I looked up and down, figuring there had to be one dedicated to Wherigo. Thanks for linking me, though I now feel like a massive dolt!

No worries, softball29. It happens. I've relocated this so the appropriate people can help.

Now that this topic is in the forum where it belongs, let's start asking questions.

First, if you're trying to create a cartridge in more than two Builder applications, what is the error? What are you trying to do? The more specific you are, the better we can help you.

Also, if you're using Groundspeak's Builder on a 64-bit operating system, go ahead and copy this file (unzipped) to your Wherigo Builder directory. This will let you open cartridges created by the Builder (there's a file IO problem when running the Builder in a 64-bit OS). Also, look at some of the early Wherigo cartridges are some of them are open source. Download the source and play around with it.

Finally, look at the Documentation List By Users thread I pinned to the top of the Building Wherigo Cartridges subforum. This is where some of the documentation is.