How Do I make a cache?

Session89

Well, first off, I see you have only 3 finds, so be prepared for the onslaught of posts saying that you should find a lot more caches before you hide one :blink: But don't let them bother you too much...many folks in the caching community feel that you should have 50 or 100 finds under your belt before you start hiding them...this is not a requirement, of course, but we've all seen examples of cachers who found 5 caches, went out and hid 10 of them and then promptly disappeared from the game, leaving their poorly planned geo-litter behind. Not saying you'll do this, of course, but owning and maintaining a cache is a long-term commitment....make sure you're going to stick with the game for awhile before you start dropping Tupperware on the landscape.

As far as waiting for publication, the process usually takes a couple of days. The reviewer will check your cache listing to make sure it complies with all applicable guidelines, mainly that it is not placed too close to another cache and is not located in an off-limits area, like near railroad tracks for example. The reviewers are volunteers so it may take a couple of days at least. Also, make sure you checked the "Enable Listing" box....it doesn't go into the reviewer's queue until you do this.

Also, I would strongly suggest you read the Guidelines, especially the section "Hiding a Cache", then read them again. They should answer most of the questions you have and help you avoid any problems with your cache placement. Good luck!

Edited by Chief301