Moderator?

Guest jeremy
Followers 0

Just opened this forum since there has been an interest in discussing GPS in education. If you're an educator and wish to become a moderator, let me know. I can have up to 4 spots.

Jeremy

Guest Buck8Point

I work for a rural school district in South Louisiana. We recently used some grant money to buy several GPSr units for an afterschool educational program aimed at giving kids alternative types of training and real life skills. The main goal is to provide the kids with educational resources after the normal hours of school, and in turn keep them off the streets, where they get into trouble.

I am planning on getting with the after school moderators, and encouraging them to introduce the kids to geocaching as a means of getting them interested in learning how to use the GPSr units.

Jeremy I would be interested in helping out if needed.

------------------

Buck8Point

"If I can't fix it, It's definately Broke."

I am also an educator who sees great advantages to using GPS units in education. I wouldlove to be a moderator of this folder.

One of the greatest problems in education today is the growing lack of community. Building community has an ability to help aleviate many of our environmental and social problems. Geocaching, as a tool to explore ones community has endless possibilities. I look forward to discussing this more in the future.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Jeremy -

I would enjoy being a moderator for GPS and education. I work as a science/enviro studies/wilderness leadership teacher at a K-8 charter school in the mts of NC. I use GPS, topo maps, compasses, AND geocaching to teach navigation, latitude, longitude, map formats, Leave No Trace ethics, and other integrated topics.

My students have even placed a cache on our 250-acre wooded campus! Check it out!

Wolverines of the Wild

I will be glad to fill anyone in on other exciting ideas we will be trying out utilizing geocaching as the primary vehicle in the learning experience!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Wanderlust

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

Just opened this forum since there has been an interest in discussing GPS in education. If you're an educator and wish to become a moderator, let me know. I can have up to 4 spots. Mostly purple spots.

Jeremy

Well, how many of those four spots are filled now?

Anton - N2RUD

Syracuse, NY

[This message was edited by Seth! on September 07, 2002 at 08:12 PM.]

FYI, the Global Forum Moderators such as myself are charged with monitoring the forum sections that don't have assigned moderators, and we receive the "report this post" messages from those fora.

As for becoming a forum moderator, the best way is to participate frequently as a positive contributor who answers questions and helps others, especially newcomers. Then, when you least expect it, you might be asked!

Followers 0