Quickest Publication Time?

I was surprised to see just over 2 hours from submission to publication.

I had placed a cache out last night just after 5 and submitted it for publication. Just a quick park and grab so I can make sure I get that spot for another cache idea I had.

So I tell Quilted_Red that it's finally put out and submitted for publication. She said that her parents were going to weed whack the area, thus leaving me no coverage for the cache. Since I was just leaving to meet up with others to do a night cache, I said I'll take care of it in the morning.

So this morning, I'm helping her dad with maintenance, and I have the cache in my pocket. After a while, I'm inside working on another way to hide it. I figure out what I'm going to do, and I check my email to delete the 200 emails from the CITO yesterday. But I still scroll through, and see "A Stitch in Time Saves 9" in subject matter. So I look at it, and it was published at like 7:20pm, and somebody had logged it.

So I pull the cache out of my pocket and see 3 signatures in the log. Crap! so I run out and set the cache back out (stark naked EDIT: the cache, not me. That read wrong) so that it's out there while I make a new container for a different spot (same coords, just hidden differently).

Here I thought I had a few days to redo it, and it was already published and found before I knew about the weed whacking.

What are some other people's fastest publication times. Any body else get caught off guard like that?

Edited by gustav129

I was surprised to see just over 2 hours from submission to publication.

I had placed a cache out last night just after 5 and submitted it for publication. Just a quick park and grab so I can make sure I get that spot for another cache idea I had.

So I tell Quilted_Red that it's finally put out and submitted for publication. She said that her parents were going to weed whack the area, thus leaving me no coverage for the cache. Since I was just leaving to meet up with others to do a night cache, I said I'll take care of it in the morning.

So this morning, I'm helping her dad with maintenance, and I have the cache in my pocket. After a while, I'm inside working on another way to hide it. I figure out what I'm going to do, and I check my email to delete the 200 emails from the CITO yesterday. But I still scroll through, and see "A Stitch in Time Saves 9" in subject matter. So I look at it, and it was published at like 7:20pm, and somebody had logged it.

So I pull the cache out of my pocket and see 3 signatures in the log. Crap! so I run out and set the cache back out (stark naked EDIT: the cache, not me. That read wrong) so that it's out there while I make a new container for a different spot (same coords, just hidden differently).

Here I thought I had a few days to redo it, and it was already published and found before I knew about the weed whacking.

What are some other people's fastest publication times. Any body else get caught off guard like that?

We have some top notch reviewers in my area. Usually never longer than 4 hours. Under 30 minutes is not unheard of and if you catch them when they are online I have seen under 10 minutes. Every once once in a while they take a day off. If it takes longer than I day I get antsy that i did something wrong like like forget to activate lol

I've had caches published while I was still editing the page. I submitted the cache then realized I had a misspelling or decided to add more info, so I would say about a matter of minutes or seconds. If you submit a cache while the reviewer is actively reviewing caches and has gotten to the end of his queue, it can be pretty quick.

Edited by briansnat

My fastest was 25 minutes. We have some awesome reviewers here now, and caches are always published in less than a day (usually much less, on the order of hours), assuming no guideline issues. I have to be ready each morning in case someone submitted some new caches the night before.

When you enable that unpublished listing, it immediately goes in a reviewer's queue. If the reviewer is online, reading cache pages at that moment, the listing could be published within that first minute.

As a reviewer, I've done this many, many times.

That's why there's the box you check to enable the listing says:

Yes, the cache is in place and ready to be found

I had a group of six caches published in less than an hour a few weeks ago. Currently on my second day of a group of eight.

Good comment about wondering if you did something wrong! You get used to quick turnaround and wonder if you did something wrong when it takes a NORMAL length of time!

Reviewer must be taking a day or so off which is well deserved.

guy

My fastest was submitted, published AND FTF logged was just under an hour, which i was amazed at at the time, cache was in view of my flat too so saw the whole thing, was very exciting, but nothing to the few minutes you guys have reported.

Edited by Z3ROIN

A couple of seconds.

In the UK.

At an event with reviewers in attendance, and using wifi.

Reviewer looked over the cache submitters shoulder as they wrote the cache page.

As soon as it appeared in the review queue it was published!

UK reviewers can be quick anyway. Guess we're lucky. :)

Me too. At my event I was creating a cache page while someone else was archiving theirs and a well known Lackey was publishing it at the same time. (well within seconds of each other) and we stood back and watched the cell phones ring and cachers getting up quickly. Only a chosen few knew what we were doing.

On 2 separate occasions (with 2 different reviewers) I have had caches published less than 4 minutes. Once was 3:30 and the other was around 3:15. Totally caught me by surprise and both times I sent the reviewer a thank you email for the fast work.

This is when some newbies have trouble. I've experienced newbies who don't realize that sometimes this can happen and they haven't put their caches out, though the guidelines say they should be there when you submit it.

On 2 separate occasions (with 2 different reviewers) I have had caches published less than 4 minutes. Once was 3:30 and the other was around 3:15. Totally caught me by surprise and both times I sent the reviewer a thank you email for the fast work.

This is when some newbies have trouble. I've experienced newbies who don't realize that sometimes this can happen and they haven't put their caches out, though the guidelines say they should be there when you submit it.

Experienced this one. Got caught looking for a cache that was not there yet. There was a lot of garbage and dog poop in the area which I kept mistakenly grabbing, thinking that was the cache (it was a micro). :(

We have some top notch reviewers in my area. Usually never longer than 4 hours. Under 30 minutes is not unheard of and if you catch them when they are online I have seen under 10 minutes. Every once once in a while they take a day off. If it takes longer than I day I get antsy that i did something wrong like like forget to activate lol

Since we share the same reviewers and they are pretty fast. I never have to wait more than a few hours.

First time I met TeamMisguided, I was looking for a cache in someone's yard and it turned out to be theirs. I had found a GPS earlier and didn't know anyone in the area. They found the owner online from the cache I found it at and they contacted him. Then I asked about some caches I had in the queue and they approved them on the spot.

Edit: yes I know

Edited by jellis

Yeah, my first hides two took about 3 days.

I had a cache in place, and got offline to prepare to meet up for a night cache. But when I was walking out the door, I found out that my newly hidden cache wasn't going to be "hidden" anymore the next day.

I'm just lucky nobody tried looking for it while I was just inside. But if they had, I would have realized it was published and met up with them, "cache in hand"...