missing caches

A good point chillypenguin. The problem may be that every schoolchild now has a smart phone and acess to C;geo. I know my grandson and his mates have.

Not interested in it as a hobby but aware things are hidden and can be found using their phones.

Not saying all youngster would muggle but think the smartphone access at no cost could be some of the problem.

A good point chillypenguin. The problem may be that every schoolchild now has a smart phone and acess to C;geo. I know my grandson and his mates have.

Not interested in it as a hobby but aware things are hidden and can be found using their phones.

Not saying all youngster would muggle but think the smartphone access at no cost could be some of the problem.

It has been raised that it's possible to get cache info with phones, without even having to register an account on the site...

At least if new 'cachers to be' had to register an account. it MIGHT stop a few caches from going missing.

Or. If you have a cache in an area that it may go missing -in a built up area- make it a Premium Member cache.

(Then wait for all the complaints of "Why Premium Member caches everywhere..?" :laughing: )

Edited by Bear and Ragged

I certainly don'tthink that everyone should have to pay for full membership - I don't think that I would have tried geocaching if I'd had to pay straight away and I've now been caching for just over a year. I don't think that making some caches members only is a bad thing though - once I realised I enjoyed it I was quite happy to pay for membership as I think the cost is really reasonable for a whole year.