Travel bug handovers

SoHotImCool

Hi. I'm having a bit of a hard time at the moment. I have 2 TB's in my possession, Bovine TB and Farmboy on Adventure - the problem is that I've already had Farmboy for approaching a month, and Bovine TB for almost 2 weeks, and now I'm laid up at home and under orders to take it easy for 4 weeks because I've damaged my lower back.

Since I would rather these bugs go back out to other places as quickly as possible, what can I do? Is it possible to handover a TB to another cacher (my brother is one, Wilko199), or what?

I don't want to leave them sitting around for another month while I get better.

You can ask the TB owner if he/she minds the delay.

You may hand over a TB. Assuming you know someone who will come to you to get it.

Your friend will then log that he/she "grabbed it" from you.

Or you could log that you put it in a near-by cache and your friend immediately logs a pick-up.

That way it does not look like you lost it.

You can ask the TB owner if he/she minds the delay.

You may hand over a TB. Assuming you know someone who will come to you to get it.

Your friend will then log that he/she "grabbed it" from you.

Or you could log that you put it in a near-by cache and your friend immediately logs a pick-up.

That way it does not look like you lost it.

Just to update you, I haven't managed to pass these on yet, so I've emailed the owners of both bugs to let them know. I've been out of action now for a while, and I'm unfortunately going to be out of service for a good while yet.

I've been informed that I've damaged at least 2 of the discs in my spine (L4 and L5 for you medically minded folks), so I'm right out of caching now for at least 4 to 6 months. As soon as I can get a hold of my brother and pass both on, they will get going. Sorry for not updating earlier, but I've been off the net for a while due to tech issues. Thank you for all your replies, and for the help you've given :)