Just making sure I do this right

Tinpanva

I picked up a trackable prior to leaving the states and now making a run through 4 countries. Can I just log them (discover) in a few cashes to show mileage? Can I also log it somehow if we stop at an airport and no cache close by? For example, I have a layover in Dubai and thought it would be cool to log it somehow.

To add to the travel bug's mileage without dropping it off, you want to log a "visit" to the cache.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to log the mileage if there are no caches with coordinates to help it track. If you are going to be in Dubai you could take some pictures in front of airport signage or some interesting landmarks and then use the "Write Note" log on the trackable page to say you were there and add the pictures of the site. It won't add mileage but I guarantee the trackable owner will appreciate it.

...yes, what those Noisy people said ;)

You shouldn't visit the TB to any caches in the countries unless you actually took it to those caches but the Note option with pictures would be great. The TB will get the total mileage when you find a cache at your final destination country and you give it a visit, or drop it off, there.

Have a good trip.

MrsB :)

thanks guys!! The air base I went to in Afghanistan had all the caches removed (base orders) :mad: but people are still dropping by. I understand their concern, coordinates inside a frontline base, could be bad! lol Took a few pictures with the TB in the frame to prove to the owner it was there. I'm sure they'll like that.