Suggestion for app improvement...

PEPREO

Hello

I was thinking about a real helpful improvement for the GEOCACHING APP. It would be great if we could switch directly to the navigation app (tomtom, navigon...) by selecting the ADDITIONAL WAYPOINTS of a cache.

So we wouldn't have to write down the coordinates, leave the app, start navigation app, type in coordinates....

The navigation app would be directly set to the waypoints coordinates.

For the rest, your app is great...:)

PEPREO

Rather than leaving the app, how about just entering the additional waypoints within the app?

In order to navigate to additional waypoints on the iPhone app, please follow these steps:

1. Go to a cache listing on the iPhone app

2. Select "Navigate to Geocache"

3. Select the flag on the map in the upper right corner.

4. Enter the waypoint details there

5. Select "Done"

This will add an additional waypoint. Then you can click on the flag on the map and 'set as target' to navigate to that location (this is a new feature with version 4.5.5).

Is this what you wanted to do?

Rather than leaving the app, how about just entering the additional waypoints within the app?

In order to navigate to additional waypoints on the iPhone app, please follow these steps:

1. Go to a cache listing on the iPhone app

2. Select "Navigate to Geocache"

3. Select the flag on the map in the upper right corner.

4. Enter the waypoint details there

5. Select "Done"

This will add an additional waypoint. Then you can click on the flag on the map and 'set as target' to navigate to that location (this is a new feature with version 4.5.5).

Is this what you wanted to do?

Thats not exactly what I meant, but nearly :)

What I mean is, when I want to start a multi for example, it would help to be able to chose one of the additional waypoints, maybe PARKING. The app could navigate me to that parking waypoint, without having to enter the coordinates.

And it would help to navigate on the street, like real navigation softwares do, not only show the direction, maybe switch between both modes.

Please excuse my english...:)

Ah so you want Turn by turn directions on the street? I'd love to have this on the iPhone app too, but Apple doesn't give developers this as an option within the app.

Yes, you can do this on a different navigation app.

On the cache details page, scroll to the bottom and select 'View on External Map'. This does go to a separate app. It defaults to the iPhone's Map app, but I believe it has the ability to detect some other navigation apps and would open another one if you have it (not all navigation apps may be detected or automatically opened instead of maps).

Then you can still use the turn by turn directions on streets.

I hope this helps more.

Ah so you want Turn by turn directions on the street? I'd love to have this on the iPhone app too, but Apple doesn't give developers this as an option within the app.

On the cache details page, scroll to the bottom and select 'View on External Map'. This does go to a separate app. It defaults to the iPhone's Map app, but I believe it has the ability to detect some other navigation apps and would open another one if you have it (not all navigation apps may be detected or automatically opened instead of maps).

I hope this helps more.

Ok, thats a function I didn't know until know. Thank you.

To make it perfect, there should be a way to chose which navigation app to switch to (in my case tomtom for example). The geocaching app "geo bucket" does that, but your app is much better for everything else...:)

Thank you...:)

Edited by PEPREO

To make it perfect, there should be a way to chose which navigation app to switch to (in my case tomtom for example). The geocaching app "geo bucket" does that, but your app is much better for everything else...:)

Aw shucks, thanks! Our developers are aware of this option to choose which app already on other apps and are looking into it.

I hope this helps more.

Ok, thats a function I didn't know until know. Thank you.

Also keep in mind that turn by turn direction is a form of navigation which follows a route (essentially, following roads). In the case of parking coordinates turn by turn directions could be quite useful but although there are many caches that are close to roads, many, if not most are not. So, even if turn-by-burn directions were provided you'd have to be able to switch back and forth between what some GPS devices call "driving mode" and "pedestrian mode".

Even if the app had the ability to switch to another app that had turn-by-turn directions, that app wouldn't likely have an option to switch you back to the geocaching app.

Personally, I don't consider navigating to parking coordinates to be geocaching. To me, up to the point that I get out of the car and start using my GPS to start navigating to the cache on foot, it's just driving.

Personally, I don't consider navigating to parking coordinates to be geocaching. To me, up to the point that I get out of the car and start using my GPS to start navigating to the cache on foot, it's just driving.

I gotta agree here. I'd MUCH rather TPTB fix the bugs and issues with the app, and then work or higher priority wish lists that actually pertain to geocaching, before adding an unnecessary feature like this.

Edited by JesandTodd