Geocaching Intro for iPhone v1.3.1 Release Notes

This was a quick update primarily designed to move the Intro app off of our outdated API and onto our new one.

Updates include:

• Migrated the app from the old API to our new API
  • Minor bug fixes

NOTE: This update is only applicable to users of iOS 4.0 and above. Users running the Intro app on an earlier version of iOS will be able to continue using their existing version.

For those of you that have not seen the intro app, all it does it list three 'beginner' traditional caches that are near your current position, and allow you to go hunt one. Not sure if it allows logs, but at least let's you try a restricted version of the main app.

From what I can tell, this is the best place to put recommendations for future App additions. If not then I apologize.

What I would love to see in the iPhone App:

1. Searching to include challenges. Since virtual caches are no longer available it seems that challenges are the new way to do those. I enjoy them but they are very difficult to find. I'd love to be able to see them right along with my standard searches. I often do unplanned caching and don't check for challenges from home in advance, the mobile app is all I have so I'd love to see them on it.

2. If I do an advanced search and then reposition the map and select "new search from here" it seems to do a standard search and not re-apply my selected parameters. I wish it kept those parameters if that's where I searched from initially.

3. I would like to be able to add a cache to my ignore list from the app. 95% of all my cache searching is done in app and it is there that I often discover caches I want to ignore due to not being archived, etc. I have difficulty remembering to do that when I am home so it would be much better if it happened in app.

4. As a premium member, I'd also love to be able to search a route rather than just a radius from the app. I love to go for runs and bike rides and cache along the way, but I have to research every time I stop and can't easily plan a day of it. If I could select "search" and then it gave me the option to search along a route that would be incredible.

That's all for now. #1 is the most important to me as I feel like I'm missing out on doing things because this is missing.

Thanks for listening!!

From what I can tell, this is the best place to put recommendations for future App additions. If not then I apologize.

What I would love to see in the iPhone App:

1. Searching to include challenges. Since virtual caches are no longer available it seems that challenges are the new way to do those. I enjoy them but they are very difficult to find. I'd love to be able to see them right along with my standard searches. I often do unplanned caching and don't check for challenges from home in advance, the mobile app is all I have so I'd love to see them on it.

2. If I do an advanced search and then reposition the map and select "new search from here" it seems to do a standard search and not re-apply my selected parameters. I wish it kept those parameters if that's where I searched from initially.

3. I would like to be able to add a cache to my ignore list from the app. 95% of all my cache searching is done in app and it is there that I often discover caches I want to ignore due to not being archived, etc. I have difficulty remembering to do that when I am home so it would be much better if it happened in app.

4. As a premium member, I'd also love to be able to search a route rather than just a radius from the app. I love to go for runs and bike rides and cache along the way, but I have to research every time I stop and can't easily plan a day of it. If I could select "search" and then it gave me the option to search along a route that would be incredible.

That's all for now. #1 is the most important to me as I feel like I'm missing out on doing things because this is missing.

Thanks for listening!!

1-there is a whole Challenges app (which is free) I think it has to be this way due to data issues. Or too much memory...something like that. Either way, there is already an existing app for that...

3- yes please!! I'd love to ignore from my app!!

Edited by JesandTodd