Guidelines: Submitting puzzle solutions?

Another thread (webcams) brought my attention to a recent list of changes which I hadn't noticed. It includes:

Additional Guidelines that Apply to Specific Geocache Types

Mystery/Puzzle: Clarified cache type name, updated process for adding additional waypoints, post reviewer note with puzzle solution.

The guidelines referred to say:

Before you submit the cache listing, post a Note to Reviewer with an explanation of how the puzzle is solved. This log will auto-delete on publication.

1) I'm not quite sure why this is necessary.

2) Both on my own caches and on others, I have occasionally seen newly published caches that still contain Reviewer correspondence which hasn't been fully deleted.

3) Thank goodness though; I felt we had been getting dangerously low on "guidelines" ;)

I would think it is quite reasonable for a Reviewer to understand how a puzzle cache is solved so they can ensure cachers don't have to do something illegal, immoral or unnecessarily dangerous to find the cache. I assume they wouldn't need chapter and verse but just a general idea of what is involved.