Anyone up for a Pet Mission?

CCWelch

Yup, it is Pet Mission time again!

This is a relatively easy one, 1 coin for the owner and a gift or more for the pet.

Please sign up with:

Your pets name and type (pictures are nice, too!)

Name sent:

Name received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

Please email me through my profile with your geoname,real name,and shipping address.

Remember you will be paired up with others and there is a possibility you will be shipping international.

If you have any questions please contact me before you sign up. Once you sign up you will be expected to complete your mission.

Names will be sent out on June 16th unless we have a large number of sign ups, then I may split into 2 groups, one on June 1st and one on June 16th.

I am putting myself in....well my dog actually.

Serena is a Pomeranian dog she is 12 years old, she loves jerky treats, beggin strips and pupperoni's. She absolutely loved the chicken chews she got last year but has lost more teeth so can no longer chew on rawhide type treats.

Name sent:Yes, May 15,2012

Name received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

Serena says: Mom likes shaped geocoins and Native American Coins, also coins with special meaning...something designed from the heart.

I'd like to sign up, this will be the first mission I've participated in!

Pets name and type: Dixie, she is a 7-year-old black Labrador retriever & she's always ready for a treat of any sort! She loves to swim & retrieve.

Name sent: 5-16-12

Name received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

Dixie says her mom most often goes for artistic, colorful coins & those that are themed to nature (or dragons, or pirates, or navigation, or Egyptian art, or....).

I'd like to enter two times for both my dogs.

Pets name and type: Happy - He is a 10 year old long-hair red, brown, and black miniature Dachshund. He loves treats. Not much into fetching. He is just too laid back.

Name received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

Pets name and type: Binky - She is a six year old Bichon Frise. This spunky white Froo-Froo dog love to eat anything and loves to play.

Name received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

I will add pictures this weekend. By the way both dogs love Alien (Space), Dragon, and Egyptian coins. :)

Edited by boiler-todd

So what exactly is this?

Do people mail pets to each other or something?

Close. You drop them in a cache and then they travel from cache to cache until they reach their destination.

Not sure that would work with a micro. Maybe the other way around with a large enough pet and a small enough cache, but after 24 hours the camo would be a bit too high quality.

Have a look at this page for some information about Geocoin Missions:

Geocoin Missions

:)

Gracias.

Edited by AussieCacheHunter

AussieCacheHunter- If you sign up, it is kind of like a round robin sort of thing. Names get exchanged and each person sends a geocoin and a pet related gift to the person who's name they received. No live animals involved except on the receiving end.

If i could send animals, I would be over nighting a rabbit to everyone who signed up. :P

Hi, I've not done this sort of thing before but I'd love to be involved...

Pets name and type: Charlie is a Yorkshire terrier. He was rescued from a house with 96, yes not a typo, other dogs, so we don't know how old he is. We think he is around 9. He does not really understand toys, and squeeky toys scare him, but he loves his treats and comes with us on a lot of our caching missions.

Name sent: 5-18-12

Name received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

Charlie likes all kinds of coins but especially those with animals on them, or Pirates - he thinks he's Johnny Depp!!

58897_469876356012_720796012_7074888_8364160_n.jpg

Signed up today...love missions and love pets!

Pet's name and type: Muggles (yep, that's her name!) is an almost 4-year-old, 11-pound, short-haired miniature dachshund. She does not cache (thus the name) but much prefers laps, couches and beds. She's scared of everything and very loyal. She LOVES those stuffed lambswool type of toys with the squeakers in them...they are her favs!

4fbea6ec-ec16-4788-a38d-a06ca553f75d.jpg

Name sent: 05/19/12

Name received:

Mission sent:

Mission received:

Thanks for organizing this mission!

This is my first mission and I am so excited!!!

Just about 2 weeks ago I adopted Vivian. We think she is a Lab/Pitbull mix and about 2 years old. She was found by a rescuer after being dumped in the desert with wounds around her mouth from it being taped/tied shut. It appeared that she had been used as a "bait dog" and had also been used for breeding. :( She is the sweetest girl. So far I have figured out she loves dear antler chews, and most healthy treats. :) We are new to the dog world and Vivian has been deprived most of her life so she loves almost anything!

I am new to coin collecting so anything interesting would be great!

2012-05-05_13-30-15_160.jpg

Vivian and my son getting ready for the drive home the day we picked her up on 5/5/12 :)

Name sent: 5/19/12

Name received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

I'd love to do a pet mission!

Your pets name and type: Brutus, our geocaching buddy! He's a lab mix (with a little black&tan coonhound). He goes geocaching with us often.

Here's a picture of him while out caching last winter. He does have a log-my-dog collar and tag from geocaching.com that gets discovered from time to time.

IMG_3011.jpg

Name sent: May 21, 2012

Name received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

justscruff.jpg

Scruffy would love to sign up, this would be his first mission. Sounds like lots of fun.

Pets name and type: Sorry he is not a kitty, Scruffy is a off white poodle/bishon mix and a rescue dog. We found him out in the desert about 8 eight years ago. Not sure of his age probably aleast 10-12 yrs now. He is a diabetic so we only give him treats that are lean in nature, like the freeze-dried chicken treats or chicken jerky type stuff. His favorite color is yellow and loves small yellow squeaky toys. As far as coins, anything with animals or colorful not too picky actually.

Name sent: 6-14-12

Name received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

Edited by Team ScruffyN'Us

Wow, time slipped away on me. Sorry! I have had rabbits having babies for the last few days and been very busy with them.

I will leave today for sign ups yet....anyone?

Right now we have:

CCWelch

GoldBugGirl

boiler-todd

steben6

Buka2

Team Romeo

Fiancetto

Buckeyeview

I have not received an email with mailing information from team ScruffyN'us

Wow, time slipped away on me. Sorry! I have had rabbits having babies for the last few days and been very busy with them.

I will leave today for sign ups yet....anyone?

Right now we have:

CCWelch

GoldBugGirl

boiler-todd

steben6

Buka2

Team Romeo

Fiancetto

Buckeyeview

I have not received an email with mailing information from team ScruffyN'us

I did email you, but I didn't sign up for this here! Thanks.

Edited by Fianccetto

Really, Really Sorry I have been dealing with computer problems plus being no so well myself.

That being said, I will try to get names out tonight.

I did try to send names out almost a month ago and had them bounce back, that was how I discovered I had a computer problem.

Names were sent, Team ScruffyN'Us please email me your addy again. Buckeyeview, were you signing up for 1 single mission of 1 for each pet?

Again, I am very sorry for the delay in this and the inconvenience it may have caused with lost addresses and information. I will tell you, I not only had a virus, I had a hacker. Both are now fixed.

Yippee, I received my name today! I did a little sniffing around, & I think I know just what to send! So excited!

Name received: 7-10-12

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

Here is a photo of my 4-legged kids--Dixie is the one in front, along with her sister Maggie behind her, & the Catahoula cur is Shenny. Only Dixie is in this mission; the other 2 will have to wait their turn. They have been running & playing, & the photo shows their tongues hanging out, lol (that's why they have slober on their coats).

f4962a4c-84a6-41fc-819e-2e54aa638400.jpg

This is my first mission and I am so excited!!!

Just about 2 weeks ago I adopted Vivian. We think she is a Lab/Pitbull mix and about 2 years old. She was found by a rescuer after being dumped in the desert with wounds around her mouth from it being taped/tied shut. It appeared that she had been used as a "bait dog" and had also been used for breeding. :( She is the sweetest girl. So far I have figured out she loves dear antler chews, and most healthy treats. :) We are new to the dog world and Vivian has been deprived most of her life so she loves almost anything!

I am new to coin collecting so anything interesting would be great!

2012-05-05_13-30-15_160.jpg

Vivian and my son getting ready for the drive home the day we picked her up on 5/5/12 :)

Name sent: 5/19/12

Name received: 7/10/12

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

Got my Name today...now to start investigating!

IMG_0017.JPG

Here's a pic of my pooch on her first trip to the beach. :)

Pet's name and type: Muggles (yep, that's her name!) is an almost 4-year-old, 11-pound, short-haired miniature dachshund. She does not cache (thus the name) but much prefers laps, couches and beds. She's scared of everything and very loyal. She LOVES those stuffed lambswool type of toys with the squeakers in them...they are her favs!

Name received: 07/09/12

Mission sent:

Mission received:

So glad this one is happening! Thanks for putting it together and I am excited about sending out my mission!

Name sent: 6/14/12

Name received: 7/10/12

Mission Sent: 7/17/12

Mission Received: 7/18/12

Woot Woot! Looks like I'm a lucky dog and the first to receive, Thank you so much Boiler-Todd, here is a picture of me playing with my new toys:

Scruffysnewtoy.jpg

My Mom & Dad Thank You too for all the goodies. They received a camo cantainer with two geocoins and a cache buddy (wookie the puppy) and a film canister for future cache use. You diffinitely spoiled us, and oh Thanks so much for the chicken jerky treats - Yummy!

Name received: 07/09/12

Mission sent: 07/20/12

Mission received:

Bumping for an update. Had fun putting this one together! Got it mailed out today.

Edited by steben6

Today I received a most wonderful package from Buka2! She generously sent gifts for not only Dixie, but the other 2 dogs as well. If you're familiar with Labradors, you know that they're very "thing" oriented, & they love it when a new treasure is given to them. Here is a photo of Maggie enjoying her spiral rawhide treat:

bd9afbf9-c6c1-42fb-9ca2-ed9caa02df9a.jpg

Here's Shenny with his treat still in the wrapping paper:

baf286b4-33a7-4222-8f06-4204f31f92f9.jpg

Here's all 3 of them playing fetch with their new toy (Dixie got to it first):

a5e3e002-5304-49d8-a4b6-d3b2cc226ae5.jpg

They got a bag of jerky treats, too, which I'm saving for another day.

I received the beautiful & meaningful "A Nation of Outcasts" coin, which I have been wanting to add to my collection. Thanks so much, Buka2, I couldn't be more pleased with your selection!

b95d66ae-637b-45fe-8122-e625fd53f29f.jpg

Thank you CCWelch for putting this fun mission together!

Mission Sent: 7-13-12

Mission Received: 7-20-12

Today I received a most wonderful package from Buka2! She generously sent gifts for not only Dixie, but the other 2 dogs as well. If you're familiar with Labradors, you know that they're very "thing" oriented, & they love it when a new treasure is given to them. Here is a photo of Maggie enjoying her spiral rawhide treat:

bd9afbf9-c6c1-42fb-9ca2-ed9caa02df9a.jpg

Here's Shenny with his treat still in the wrapping paper:

baf286b4-33a7-4222-8f06-4204f31f92f9.jpg

Here's all 3 of them playing fetch with their new toy (Dixie got to it first):

a5e3e002-5304-49d8-a4b6-d3b2cc226ae5.jpg

They got a bag of jerky treats, too, which I'm saving for another day.

I received the beautiful & meaningful "A Nation of Outcasts" coin, which I have been wanting to add to my collection. Thanks so much, Buka2, I couldn't be more pleased with your selection!

b95d66ae-637b-45fe-8122-e625fd53f29f.jpg

Thank you CCWelch for putting this fun mission together!

Mission Sent: 7-13-12

Mission Received: 7-20-12

I'm so happy the dogs liked their treats. Vivian LOVES her bully sticks. She chews them up in seconds so I was hoping your dogs would like them too. I am glad you like the coin...you really had me stumped on what to get once I found out you had the new book! :)

We are headed to Yosemite in the morning so I will be offline for a little while! Hope you have a great week!

Edited by Buka2

I am packaging up my pet mission today so it will go out in tomorrow's mail!

Name sent:Yes

Name received: Yes

Mission Sent: Mailing on 7-23-12

Mission Received:

Brutus, my geodog, surpervised the doggie surprise selections, he, he!

Edited by Team_Romeo

Name sent:Yes

Name received: Yes

Mission Sent: 7-23-12

Mission Received: 7-23-12

I arrived home from work this afternoon to find that my pet mission had arrived! Brutus greeted me and we opened the package together. Thanks so much to steben6 for the awesome package!

Here are some pics of Brutus examining his goodies: delicious beggin' strips, tennis balls, and a cool disc toy! His human geocachers received a really cool dog-bone shaped geocoin with accompanying pin plus a dog paw bottle opener. We really love the coin and it looks great with our growing dog and cat themed geocoin collection!

DSC_0007-001.jpg

And here is one of his cat buddies coming to check it out while Brutus rolls around in glee!

DSC_0004-001.jpg

Was out for a while for a death in the family. It was nice to come home to two packages of goodies. Thanks Team Romeo and Team Scruffy N' Us. Here are some of the goodies I got plus my new coins. My dogs Happy and Binky got some of the items before I could get pictures of them. THANKS! (Woof Woof!)

Coins.jpg

Coin2.jpg

Coin1.jpg

No, you were not forgotten, some got mailed out later then others and some are traveling from outside the country. I am sure it will arrive soon....I had one of mine in a past mission take 6 weeks :blink: and it was coming from Canada to the US.

Ok. :smile: Just checking. I noticed most had received theirs and was just wondering. :)