Logging TB's without the number?

truckdweller

How does a cacher get TB numbers without seeing the TB? I've just had two TB's "discovered" one of which has been missing two years & the other one year. They've never been in the same place at the same time & they've never been to Czech Republic where this cacher lives. This cacher has logged over 2200 trackables in less then a year caching.

Edited by truckdweller

How does a cacher get TB numbers without seeing the TB? I've just had two TB's "discovered" one of which has been missing two years & the other one year. They've never been in the same place at the same time & they've never been to Czech Republic where this cacher lives. This cacher has logged over 2200 trackables in less then a year caching.

Is there a photo online that shows the Tracking Code? That may be how it happened.

[EDIT]: You should review the image galleries for your TBs. I don't see any strange logs on your TBs, but I see at least one photo that needs attention.

Edited by kunarion

I had few people from Germany log a geocoin that was in a shoebox in my closet for over two years. One of them even said the number was auto-generated.

I deleted the logs because I didn't want my geocoin to be disabled (or what ever happens to them if too many people "phantom-finds" them).

cacherstats

I had few people from Germany log a geocoin that was in a shoebox in my closet for over two years. One of them even said the number was auto-generated.

That's kinda' what I'm thinking, that or it's just a guessing game. The two TB #'s are about 55 numbers apart.

Kinda' shoots a hole in the old saying "it's not about the numbers". I've looked at the profiles of some of the top rated cachers ( cacherstats ) & when it says that their best day was over 900 finds for a single day............<sigh>.