Setting a Price

wigoweb

How would one determine a fair asking price for some coins?

I have a few that were considered 'rare' when I purchased them. I tried searching for completed sales on the auction site, but didn't have any success with Captain Gore-Tex.

Here are two coins that I probably paid too much for several years ago. Actually, I'm talking about four coins as I have a three-coin set. The daVinci coins are on the auction site for in excess of $120 USD. Seems steep to me. I'm watching to see if they sell.

Captain Gore-Tex

The daVinci coins:

Knights Templar

Paris Meridian

Vitruvian

I have others, too, (such as the Anthus laptops) but I don't know how many I will part with at this time.

I'm wondering if I should just list them here and wait for offers.

Thanks

Edited by wigoweb

Asking price on the eplace is no longer a good indicator of potential value because sellers don't get charged unless the items sell. So a lot of people list coins at ridiculous prices hoping for that one person who just HAS to have the coin at any cost. If you watch you will see them listed over and over.

You have to watch them to see if they actually sell.

Make sure to keep an eye on Completed items and see what sells as suggested above. Another suggestion I have is to do a 7 day free trial with Terapeak.com. You can do a search for any item that has sold on eBay for the last 12 months. It will take you a little to play with it to get the results you are looking for. But it is a great research tool for getting a feel of actual selling price of items.