Distance between caches?

Hi,

What is the distance in feet that it is necessary to have between two caches?

Woman-tracker

You need to read, and read, and read again, the Guidelines. It's much better to know what the Guidelines are and the variances, than to rely on the answer from someone. A one-word answer is incomplete.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=11

B.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

Most of the threads I have been reading would not be there if new cachers read guidelines first. Then post if they need more understanding.

Sorry to be blunt, but the answer is in the guidelines you've stated you read and understood each time you submitted your 10 cache hides.

Every time you've submitted a cache, there was a checkbox down at the bottom of the form that you checked to insure that you have "read and understand the Guidelines." Now you're saying that you didn't really read them?

Further, you've had at least one cache denied because it was too close to another cache. At that time your reviewer even provided a link directly to the saturation part of the guidelines. Apparently you ignored that, too.

I wonder if you'll even read the answers in this thread? :unsure:

Most of the threads I have been reading would not be there if new cachers read guidelines first. Then post if they need more understanding.
Maybe, just maybe, that means the guidelines are far too cumbersome and hard to decipher.

Granted, this particular question is extremely easy to find, but I can't tell you how many times I've had a question after reading (and rereading) the guidelines and how-tos and whatnots on the site. It's not really that intuitive.

Maybe, just maybe, that means the guidelines are far too cumbersome and hard to decipher.

Granted, this particular question is extremely easy to find, but I can't tell you how many times I've had a question after reading (and rereading) the guidelines and how-tos and whatnots on the site. It's not really that intuitive.

I understand we have guidelines instead of rules, but brief simplistic language would leave loopholes big enough to drive a truck through. Have you ever tried to read the official rules of Golf or Chess? Most activities have a learning curve. Some physical. Some mental. Some have both. For many months after discovering this site, I read and reread the guidelines, and lurked in the forums. I also worked to get more familiar with my GPS before attempting my first find. I don't have every rule/guideline down cold for every game I play, but I know where to look for clarifications. I don't consider that "cumbersome".