lost geogoins

uttrout

There is always a risk of loss.

That's why I never set something free, which I don't want to loose. I have more than 80 travellers out there and I'm happy when I get a nice log. Sometimes I look, where exactly my coins are.

Some have reappeared after a year in unknown location. Some didn't reappear yet.

It's part of the game.

Of course, if you have only a few trackables out traveling, than you are more anxious about their whereabouts.

But coins are like hot air ballons. We set them up to travel, but we can't really control their journey. That is out of our hands.

So the key is: Never let something travel you don't want to loose.

I had great expierences and stories around traveling coins, so I don't want to miss this part of the game.

Today I just picked up a coin of mine which has traveld since october 8 2008 and has arrived in the cache close to my home. This one hasn't gone lost, but I also have a coin which got lost from the day I put it in a cache, but returned at the moment I wanted to use the trackungnumber for an other item. It's now on the name of the friend who made the item, so people can discover it at events. But the coin is back in my collection in a special place, as you can see in the logs on the coins page.

I have losted lots Geocoins in middlesex areas and find out that non member sign up to see where there are then taken them caches I stop a 14 year old kid going in to my cache and he told that he is a non member And taken to school to sale so I delete the geocache from the area which was a sure :(

There is always a risk of loss.

That's why I never set something free, which I don't want to loose. I have more than 80 travellers out there and I'm happy when I get a nice log. Sometimes I look, where exactly my coins are.

Some have reappeared after a year in unknown location. Some didn't reappear yet.

It's part of the game.

Of course, if you have only a few trackables out traveling, than you are more anxious about their whereabouts.

But coins are like hot air ballons. We set them up to travel, but we can't really control their journey. That is out of our hands.

So the key is: Never let something travel you don't want to loose.

I had great expierences and stories around traveling coins, so I don't want to miss this part of the game.

I totally agree with this! Excellently worded!

And let's not forget the stories of "missing" travelers reappearing! This forum thread "More Good News" is one of my favorites to follow!

Edited by scrapcat