Toronto to Montreal road trip advice

ZeLonewolf

Hi folks,

My girlfriend and I are planning a road trip through Canada in July, by way of the Niagra Falls - Toronto - Montreal route. We are trying to figure out the most interesting way to make our way from Toronto to Montreal finding geocaches along the route. We're setting aside two days to make this trip, with an overnight stop somewhere in between, probably around Napanee or Kingston looking at the map. I'm looking for any advice about which route to take, where to stop for the night, and recommendations on geocaches. Also, any general advice about caching or travelling in Canada in general is appreciated.

Thanks!

Lots of great caching in Napanee, and a Great Variety

Remember July 1st is our holiday Canada Day

A few good motels/hotel's as well.

PS Cheap gas, if you make your way through the Indian reserve (Deseronto) Geoerally 10-12 cents per/L cheaper

Drop me an E-mail if you need more info, I'm in Napanee

Coman123

Joe

Here is my suggestion:

After leaving Toronto drive on the 401 to exit 497 (The Big Apple). Nice place for an initial break depending on the time of the morning. From there drive south to County Road 2 and drive east.

You get to see small town Ontario and there are a lot of caches. You can start picking up caches as fast or as slow as you want. I would then look for the Loyalist Parkway and follow that along as well. It will take you into the nice town of Picton (lots of winerys here).

There is a ferry crossing here which is interesting. You can keep following the road along and you are south of Napanee mentioned above. I loved caching in that area. Lots of caches here and nice farm land or lake driving. Meander, take in the views. You can't go wrong. If you keep heading east you will get to Kingston.

Note I once drove to Kingston and started heading back to Toronto on this route. I did about 50 caches on my own. Plus did all the things I mentioned in about 8 hours.

Then next day... well I have never cached east of Kingston so someone else can pick up the narrative.

Have fun.