Two big thumbs up!

Geofool

Gallery section rocks! I had no idea how many pictures I had on the site, and that doesn't even include benchmark picts.

One thing I would like to see is the ability to sort pictures, instead of just showing them by date, i.e. if these could be broken down into profile pictures, cache log pictures, etc. For now clicking on the pictures takes you either to the log or cache page, depending on the page the picture was uploaded from (which is a great feature, btw, but I would love to be able to know the source of a picture without having to click on it or mouse over and look at the link.)

One thing... can we no longer use <tt> tags in the user profile to create monospaced text? I had some text on my profile that no longer shows up as monospaced in my browser, but the tags are still present when I edit the profile.

Great job overall! I love it! icon_biggrin.gif

"Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible; and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works, or of the kinds of writing that they evidently prefer." - J.R.R. Tolkien, on critics

[This message was edited by DavidMac on November 05, 2003 at 10:25 PM.]

quote:
One thing... can we no longer use <tt> tags in the user profile to create monospaced text? I had some text on my profile that no longer shows up as monospaced in my browser, but the tags are still present when I edit the profile.

My browser shows the monospaced (<tt&gticon_wink.gif text of your profile.

The gallery is great, also i see pics from unnaproved caches of my partners. Why?

Hello there,

I Just saw the new look of the user profile, including the option to see all th photo’s uploaded by the user cache logs.

A nice option witch is a nice new improvement. However I discovered in my own profile photo’s witch I deleted later, they appeared to be spoilers. (was just starting geocaching, and unintentional paced these spoiler, a cache owner explained me why not to place this kind of photo’s)

I think that photo’s who have been deleted from the cache logs should not be listed in the profile, or maby a option for the user to delete photo’s permanent from his own profile.

Greetz, Dutch-Locutus

I LOOOOVE the profile pages and it's great to have the totals back.

Is there any chance the total could be a link to our total finds (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?ul=<username>) like it was in the old days? That sure was handy.

Thanks again!

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

CYBret's Geocaching Page

The new profiles look slick. I like them a lot better than the previous ones. There is, however one change I would make to the "edit your profile page"...

Check this box if you want to be the first to know when new things happen on the web site. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Check this box if you want to be notified when new caches appear in your area. This notification is sent out each Thursday.

Check this box if you wish to keep your statistics private.

[This message was edited by Bloencustoms on March 32, 1999 at 25:60 PM]

I, too, really like the new profile and gallery pages. Great Job.

I notice two things though...

Clicking the Benchmark icon doesnt bring up a list of my benchmarks. With Opera 7 it doesnt do anything and with IE 6 it kicks me back to my profile page.

Clicking the TB icon brings up the generic Track a TB page, instead of a list of my TBs.

Is this the way it is supposed to be? Does anyone else see this behaviour?

------------------------------------------------

The world is a playground. Go outside and play!

------------------------------------------------

We've got bugs on our teeth here... all smiles. Love the new profile feature and gallery.

Hmmm... a similar concept could work for the "my geocaching" page. One tab for caches I've placed, one tab for caches I've found, one tab for travel bugs I own, one tab for travel bugs I've found...

BTW also love the guidelines that have been posted. Great show, keep it up, you're making me glad I decided to re-up for another year of premium membership!

-mark

aka lowracer

Thanks! It looks great and I am especially pleased with the reintroduction of the totals!

Janine

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Geocaching-HamptonRoadsVA/join

"You have brains in your head; You have feet in your shoes.

You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

You're on your own. And you know what you know.

And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...."

Dr. Seuss

Thanks! It looks great and I am especially pleased with the reintroduction of the totals!

Janine

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Geocaching-HamptonRoadsVA/join

"You have brains in your head; You have feet in your shoes.

You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

You're on your own. And you know what you know.

And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...."

Dr. Seuss

Originally posted by WindChill:

I notice two things though...

Clicking the Benchmark icon doesnt bring up a list of my benchmarks. With Opera 7 it doesnt do anything and with IE 6 it kicks me back to my profile page.

Clicking the TB icon brings up the generic Track a TB page, instead of a list of my TBs.

Is this the way it is supposed to be? Does anyone else see this behaviour?

/QUOTE]

It does look very nice but I also see these two problems going on. No list of my Benchmark (well, if one is a list...) and the TBs don't show up, either. Fix those and you've got one heck of a winner!

-Ken