Keep Me Signed In does not work

The Vikings

As long as I only log in from one computer, it seems to work just fine. As soon as I log in from another computer, then the first computer loses the login information. I regularly use two computers to access the site so this gets annoying. I would really like to see us allowed to more than one computer and stay logged in. I know this has been in place for a very long time (in computer terms) and there must have been at one time a reason for it. Maybe this can be looked at. I don't think logging in via my phone changes the information on my main computer.

As long as I only log in from one computer, it seems to work just fine. As soon as I log in from another computer, then the first computer loses the login information. I regularly use two computers to access the site so this gets annoying. I would really like to see us allowed to more than one computer and stay logged in. I know this has been in place for a very long time (in computer terms) and there must have been at one time a reason for it. Maybe this can be looked at. I don't think logging in via my phone changes the information on my main computer.

That might well be the reason for my problem, since I also use more than one computer. I agree that it is very annoying.

That might well be the reason for my problem, since I also use more than one computer. I agree that it is very annoying.

The way it is supposed to work is if you are logged in at two or more computers and you log off on one of them, it will log off all of them. I can stay logged on at home for months, but if I stop at a library and use their public computer and then log off, I will find my computer at home logged off as well.

The way it is supposed to work is if you are logged in at two or more computers and you log off on one of them, it will log off all of them. I can stay logged on at home for months, but if I stop at a library and use their public computer and then log off, I will find my computer at home logged off as well.

That is not the problem, since I rarely log off from the Geocaching site at home, where I have several computers which are used to log on.

The question is "Why is it supposed to work this way?" Why can't it leave you logged in on other computers? The cooky on my desktop computer should not be dropped because I log in and out from my laptop.

When logging on to the Geocaching website you get the option to tick a box 'Keep me signed in'.

However it does not work; after some time being logged on (I have not checked exactly how long) you will find yourself logged out anyway.

This sounds like your browser is blocking cookies. Check your security settings to see if it's allowing cookies or not.

When logging on to the Geocaching website you get the option to tick a box 'Keep me signed in'.

However it does not work; after some time being logged on (I have not checked exactly how long) you will find yourself logged out anyway.

I think that the login cookie expires after a month. I find this to be really annoying, as I login on multiple browsers on multiple devices every month, meaning that I have to log in as much as ten times a month, and if I'm really unlucky, the login cookie will expire right when I'm submitting a log and the site then loses what I've typed.

Edited by kablooey