"MY Cache Page" Suggestion/Request.

The 4 Childs

We would love to see a way to "watch" other members, through "my cache page". Like maybe under the "manage watch list", have the option to make a "My User Profle Freinds list". Or something like that.

The reason I say this is, we have family that geocach and meet some really great people caching but want a way to add them to a list.

Even if the list would just take you to their user profile page.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

We will be adding this feature to the updated site currently in development. Great minds think alike icon_wink.gif

Jeremy

This will be a nice feature Jeremy. Will we be able to see how many people are watching us like we can see how many people are wathcing our caches? RM

It would be nice to have different Folders

one for local, another for vacation caches, and lastly one for caches done...? Hoping??..Maybe??...Thanks for the time...

Without your brain, a map is a piece of coloured paper, a compass is a glorified magnet, and a GPS is a waterproof battery case." " FSAR "

My suggestions for My Cache Page are mostly about format. It feels, to me anyway, like a lot of space is currently being wasted. Here is my suggestion, below. I am sure you'll enjoy the ACTUAL cutting and pasting of pieces of paper here. icon_smile.gif That's why the alignment is all messed up. Of course, Jeremy and crew would make it all much prettier. You get my general idea, anyhow.

17643_1000.jpg

Perhaps some of these features I have incorporated (such as the separating of finds by type of cache) would only be for Premiun Members.

If someone is not a premium member, perhaps the middle column would be populated with more "marketing" type verbiage.

In the right-most column, I've included the request of some other people to be able to have a second "home" from which they can serach for caches. Their 2nd home in the mountains, or their work, for example. Whatever.

-- I recognize fun when I see it.

Wow, nice design ideas. I would add that it would be cool to toggle on and off the list of travel bugs found, like we can with our cache log lists. With 35 bugs on my list, it takes awhile to scroll down to the cache logs, which is where I usually go first.

Note how cache types are split apart in MissJenn's chart. If locationless and virtual caches have their counts split out, it might quell the endless debate about whether virtuals are lame, whether locationless caches are really caches, etc. In turn, this might encourage more people to play these different variations on geocaching. That'd be a good thing.

Ain't MissJenn just a social butterfly? 51 Event Caches logged... yeesh! I've seen you at just two (until Sunday, of course). You sure do get around. icon_biggrin.gif

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

Ain't MissJenn just a social butterfly? 51 Event Caches logged... yeesh! I've seen you at just two (until Sunday, of course). You sure do get around. icon_biggrin.gif

I was even thinking of placing a number in the Benchmarks Hidden box, just to see if anyone would notice.

Replace text in the graphic above with "Recent Travel Bugs Found."

Oh, and I did want to point out that my design above does try to get at the idea that whatever is listed at the top section (which I have as 3 columns of info) would end at exactly the same, errr, latitude as the bottom of the gray LINKS box.

I think if you're going to offer any feature that allows a user to "watch" the activities of another cacher to the exclusion of all others, a feature that allows one to block (universally; not on a per-case basis) being "watched" must also be offered ... and of course, anyone who chooses to "watch" another must be denied the ability to "block" being watched.

This proposed feature, along with the "logs list" at Dan's Leaderboard site (and other various methods) helps me to understand why some people choose not to extend cache owners the "courtesy" of logging their visits online; clearly, this "courtesy" supercedes or eliminates any expectation of privacy a cacher might have.

[This message was edited by BassoonPilot on June 21, 2003 at 08:35 AM.]

by BassoonPilot

quote:
This proposed feature, along with the "logs list" at Dan's Leaderboard site (and other various methods) helps me to understand why some people choose not to extend cache owners the "courtesy" of logging their visits online; clearly, this "courtesy" supercedes or eliminates any expectation of privacy a cacher might have.
I'm sorry: you lost me here. Can you explain more of what you mean? Perhaps I have not seen other threads that discuss this matter?

-- I recognize fun when I see it.