Post-dated Cache Listings

Olar

I'm noticing more and more lately that some new traditional caches are being listed with placements post-dated up to 30 days in the future. The only benefit I can see by doing this is the cache will always be the first one listed when viewing caches in its particular area up to that date. I did a search of 6 various States and saw the same thing in 4 of them. I realize we do this for event caches and the reason is obvious and necessary.

The problem it creates for me is in my pocket query report based on new placements in the past week. The post-dated ones do not get listed.

Thats my beef for the month. I'll shut-up now and head for the rack.

Cheers, Olar

wavey.gif

Most would probably agree that the post-dated traditional cache is not normally a good idea, but could be allowed under some circumstances.

I suggest the following enhancements to the Cache hide/report.asp (like Jeremy et al don't have enough to keep them busy):

• Admin should not have to police the dates, so unless it's an Event Cache, the form should reject future dates.
  • Add a new input text box for Notes to Admin. Here the cacher can tell admin anything they want to about the cache (I'm hiding it under the desk in the Oval Office, and here's why it will work...), including a request to post-date the cache and a reason why. Admin can decide if the reason is valid.

V7L