Garmin Oregon 450 - help downloading to Mac

Jazz_a

I have installed Garmin Communicator Plugin on my iMac (OS Lion and Safari) and it can see my GPS unit without any issues. I click on Write to download the GPX file to my device and it says that it has saved successfully. However, it is not on my device !!

When I do the same thing with my Laptop (Windows 7 and IE) it does download it to my device.

I would really appreciate some assistance as to why it won't write from my iMac, even though it says it has but there is no problem with the laptop.

Kind regards

Suzy

:(

Here is a short guide to download a GPX file from a cache page to a Garmin Oregon (450) on a Mac. If doing a PQ, just download the PQ instead of the single cache and follow the same steps.

Go to the cache page required, and click GPX File (highlighted. It should then download and is visible in the Downloads dialog box if using Safari.

screenshot20120331at192.png

Go to Finder, select 'Today' from the left hand panel and find the GPX file. Select it, then press Cmd+C to copy it.

Select your Garmin from the Desktop.

screenshot20120331at193.png

Once the Garmin is open in finder, go Garmin -->GPX --> and then press Cmd+V to copy it.

Eject your Garmin by dragging it to the recycle bin, and now the GPX file should be on your GPS.

Here is a short guide to download a GPX file from a cache page to a Garmin Oregon (450) on a Mac. If doing a PQ, just download the PQ instead of the single cache and follow the same steps.

Go to the cache page required, and click GPX File (highlighted. It should then download and is visible in the Downloads dialog box if using Safari.

Go to Finder, select 'Today' from the left hand panel and find the GPX file. Select it, then press Cmd+C to copy it.

Thank you very much for your help - I didn't have the option to download the GPX file until I had premium membership but I now have this option. I will try this tomorrow.

Kindest regards

Suzy

Select your Garmin from the Desktop.

Once the Garmin is open in finder, go Garmin -->GPX --> and then press Cmd+V to copy it.

Eject your Garmin by dragging it to the recycle bin, and now the GPX file should be on your GPS.