Recs for great Florida caches? Favorites time!

ysabet

Hiya. I'm a NW Florida native living out in AZ, heading back to Florida to visit family in November and since I've managed to thoroughly infect my younger sister with the caching bug (gloat, gloat), we're planning on caching our way across the state. We'll start in Orlando and work our way north and west over to Panama City; of course we'll head to Merritt Island first to hit the Space Coast store, but besides that can anybody recommend some truly awesome caches to hit on the way? We may swing up as far as St. Augustine if the caches look interesting. TB hotels are good-- I'm gonna be hauling some of the locals' coins out that way to drop off as well as my own, so that'll be fine, but in particular I'm looking for clever hides and wonderful sights! It's my home state but I didn't start caching 'til a few months ago out here in AZ (oh, the missed opportunities!) So c'mon, you Southerners-- got any good recs? Many thanks! (And btw, if you think one of your own is a good cache, don't be shy-- rec it! B) )

So you have a clean slate here. What do you like, hiking, boating, multis, evil micros, history?? Tell us more about what you're into and we can help more.

You're right; should've elaborated. History's a favorite, as are nice natural areas; short hikes are good, as we'll be traveling. Larger than micros for preference unless they're particularly interesting and not impossible to find-- I'm not ashamed to say that I'm still learning (I hope to have my 500th find by the time of the trip.) Neither of us are experienced in night caching but I particularly admire clever and unusual containers (I'm working on a series of hides myself right now that are contained in animal bones I've found in the desert, cow and horse vertebrae and legbones and possibly a coyote-skull if I can stabilize it enough.) But even if a favorite doesn't fit this, please suggest it-- we'll try it out if it's feasible! I'm short, my sister is tall, and we're both in reasonable shape (within given values of 'reasonable') so a bit of reaching or climbing isn't a problem. We neither of us are 'Eww, no bugs and/or mud!' people, either. :tongue: