caching along a route

SkipperP

My understanding of how the ROUTE system works is that:

1) I think routes need to be under 500 miles, mine is only 248 or so.

2) And this is critical - I asked for 850 caches within 4 miles of my route AND GC IS SUPPOSE TO SPREAD THOSE OVER THE ENTIRE 248. Not just start at mile 1 and stop when 850 is reached. They are suppose to spread them over the entire trip. Anyone with any additional input. My fear is that maybe a bug creep-ed in with recent upgrades.

I did do some research and this is what GC is saying:

Create/Edit a Route

There are two ways to create/edit a route. Either select your starting and ending destinations on the map or use the text boxes below to enter a starting and ending point, such as "Seattle, WA" to "Portland, OR" or "400 Broad Street 98109" to "4001 SW Canyon Road 97221". You may use any combination of street address, state/province, country and postal code but each route will be limited to 500 miles / 800 kilometers. If you choose to input data in the text boxes, once you have entered your route, click the "Search" button to see the route on the map below. You will not need to click "Search" if you elect to input the starting and ending points on the map.

re my 9:09 comment "They are suppose to spread them over the entire trip." The point here is to insure the traveler gets caches for the whole trip (every county for example) - The route system should not show EVERY cache but a sampling - over the entire trip. I still think a bug as creep-ed in with recent upgrades. Anyone else - with long ROUTES experiencing anything like this?

I'm a little concerned about the issue regarding specifying the DISTANCE from the route for caches to be included - in BOTH the ROUTE system and then again in the FILTERING system. I specified 1 distance in the route system and a different distance in the filtering system. Maybe the bug lies there.

I'm a little concerned about the issue regarding specifying the DISTANCE from the route for caches to be included - in BOTH the ROUTE system and then again in the FILTERING system. I specified 1 distance in the route system and a different distance in the filtering system. Maybe the bug lies there.

That's probably why you weren't getting all the caches you were expecting. The range slider in the route-creation view is more of a preview so you can see if your route is going where you want and will cover the area you want. The one in the Pocket Query is the one it will use to actually generate the results.

I created (916) Santa Nella, CA to Peddler Hill, CA (its public) and then created and ran the PQ. But I'm only getting caches over the 1st 100 miles of the route. anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Can you post the url for the route? I can't seem to find it by searching.

I created a new route and PQ and I do not believe I did anything different but it does not have the same issue. I have caches from mile 1 to mile 248. I have an image of the problem so I do believe there is a flaw somewhere in the SW but can not figure out how to attach it. I consider this closed and thanks to all that offered input.